Steak ’n Eggs Stir-Fry Recipe, Packed with Protein!November 15, 2019
This flavorful Steak ’n Eggs Stir-Fry Recipe is packed with protein and absolutely delicious. It is a great choice as a breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Steak ’n Eggs Stir-Fry Recipe
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 2 servings:
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes; Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp. reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 6 oz. raw lean top sirloin beefsteak, thinly sliced (see HG Tip!)
- 1 1/2 cups (about 12 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Combine soy sauce with cornstarch in a medium bowl and stir to dissolve. Add garlic, sugar, red pepper flakes, and ginger, and mix well. Add beef and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Bring a large skillet (with a lid) sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add egg and scramble until cooked, 3 - 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Remove skillet from heat. If needed, wash and dry. Spray with nonstick spray and return to medium-high heat. Add broccoli florets and 2 tbsp. water to the skillet. Cover and cook until broccoli florets have slightly softened, 4 - 5 minutes.
- Add snap peas, bell pepper, and onion to the skillet with the broccoli. Stirring occasionally, continue to cook (uncovered) until veggies are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add beef and all of the soy sauce mixtures to the skillet. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes, until beef is just cooked through.
- Add the egg scramble to the skillet, toss to combine, and continue to cook until hot, about 1 minute. Divide and chew!
HG Tip! To make thinly slicing the beef easier, slightly freeze it first.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 292; Carbohydrates 19 grams; Fat 5 grams; Protein 42 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|