Swedish Mini Meatloaves RecipeMay 21, 2021
We love Swedish meatballs -- the sauce is so delicious! So we figured why not make mini meatloaves inspired by the classic recipe? We couldn’t come up with a good enough reason not to. Try this delicious and easy-to-make Swedish Mini Meatloaves Recipe!
Swedish Mini Meatloaves
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 35 minutes; Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 lb. raw extra-lean ground beef (at least 96% lean)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup (about 3 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
Veggies and Sauce
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp. light/reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. light butter
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix meatloaf ingredients. Evenly distribute among the muffin cups, and smooth out the tops.
- Bake until firm with lightly browned edges, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the veggies and sauce. Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion. Cook and stir until mostly softened about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add remaining sauce ingredients, and cook and stir until cheese and butter have melted, and mixture is uniform, about 2 minutes.
- Serve meatloaves topped with veggies and sauce.
Freeze and Heat
For Meatloaves: Tightly wrap each cooled serving in foil or plastic wrap, and freeze in a sealable container or bag. To thaw, refrigerate overnight or unwrap and microwave until thawed. Microwave (unwrapped) until hot.
For Veggies and Sauce: Once cool, freeze in a microwave-safe container. (Divide into single servings, if desired.) Reheat in the microwave or in a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 182; Carbohydrates 9.5 grams; Fat 6.5 grams; Protein 19.5 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|