Teriyaki Beef Lettuce Cups RecipeMarch 1, 2019
Bored with salads but trying to avoid the high carb counts of sandwiches? These protein-packed Teriyaki Beef Lettuce Cups are just what you need! A little sweet, a lot savory… fresh and fun!
Teriyaki Beef Lettuce Cups Recipe
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 10 minutes; Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. raw extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple packed in juice, lightly drained
- 1/3 cup thick teriyaki marinade or sauce, or more for topping
- 1/4 cup canned water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- 12 medium iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, and seasonings. Cook, stir and crumble until beef is fully cooked and onion has softened, 5 - 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add pineapple, teriyaki, and water chestnuts. Cook and stir until hot and well mixed, about 2 minutes.
- Just before serving, evenly distribute among lettuce leaves, about 1/4 cup each. Top with scallions.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 215; Carbohydrates 16 grams; Fat 5 grams; Protein 25 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|