Veggies ‘n Swiss Chicken RollupsAugust 12, 2022
Mmmm, chicken breast stuffed with deliciousness. The technique looks fancy, but it's easy to execute! And Hungry Girl's newest stuffed chicken recipe may be our best yet. Try this Veggies 'n Swiss Chicken Rollups recipe and you won't regret it!
This recipe has a unique flavor and these Veggies 'n Swiss Chicken Rollups make a hearty meal that are ready in less than an hour. Just check out the ingredients, Juicy chicken, balsamic mushrooms, melty cheese... What's not to love?
Makes two servings so have someone that can enjoy this delicious meal with you!
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 40 minutes; Total Time: 55 minutes
Veggies 'n Swiss Chicken Rollups
- Two 5-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 6 medium asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 cups sliced brown mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- Dash ground thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" X 8" baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Season with onion powder, garlic powder, 1/8 tsp. salt, and pepper.
- Lay 3 asparagus spears in the center of each chicken cutlet. Tightly roll up chicken over the asparagus (the ends will protrude). Evenly top with cheese. If needed, secure with toothpicks. Place in the baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine mushrooms, vinegar, garlic, thyme, and remaining 1/8 tsp. salt. Toss to coat.
- Spoon mushrooms over chicken. Cover pan with foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 20 more minutes.
Calories 272; Carbohydrates 8 grams; Fat 8 grams; Protein 42 grams
Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator and founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com
See more recipes on ObesityHelp by Lisa!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|