Zucchini Pizza Boats RecipeJuly 30, 2021
This Zucchini Pizza Boats Recipe features a fresh zucchini that you split in half, then hollow it out down in the center to create a “boat” opening, then stuff it with some turkey pepperoni and other optional seasonings. Once the zucchini boats are filled, you bake them to enjoy a healthy and satisfying meal.
Zucchini Pizza Boats
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes; Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium-large zucchini, stem end removed
- 1 stick light string cheese
- 2 tbsp. pizza sauce
- 3 slices turkey pepperoni, chopped
- Optional seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, Italian seasoning
- Optional topping: crushed red pepper flakes
- Pierce zucchini several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate, and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Flip zucchini and microwave for 2 more minutes, or until softened. Let cool, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break string cheese stick into thirds, and place in a blender or food processor; blend at high speed until shredded. (Or pull into shreds and roughly chop.)
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Gently scoop out the inside flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch inside the skin. Thoroughly pat dry.
- If you like, season sauce. Divide sauce between hollowed-out zucchini halves, sprinkle with cheese, and top with chopped pepperoni.
- Microwave for 1 minute, or until cheese has slightly melted. Enjoy!
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 108; Carbohydrates 8 grams; Fat 4 grams; Protein 10 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|