Weight Gain Blues

mmercier
on 3/30/05 4:20 am - Waterfor, MI
Has anyone had a significant weight gain years after the surgery? I had a RNY Gastric Bypass over 5 years ago. I've gained almost half the weight back in the past 2 years. I've been told by a couple surgeons, that the astemosis (the opening between the stomach and the small intestine) is wide open. I never feel full and dont get a satisfied feeling after I eat. I'm always hungry and am sorry to say that I give into the feeling more times than not. I'm looking at having a revision, but have been told that the death rate is 15x higher on the second time around. A good friend of mine just died last month, 12 days post op. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Diane L.
on 4/19/05 1:13 am - O'Brien, OR
I am so sorry to hear this, Marsha. Truly sorry. I can only imagine the disappointment, and heartbreak. Loosing a friend is never easy, but loosing this way is tragic. I am doing a lot of research for a paper- am an RN- and I will add the death rate question to my searches. If I find substantial info I'll let yu know the URL so you can read it. I am so sorry to hear you have gained half your weight back. There is no advice I can offer you. Of course you eat when you are hungry. That's how we got where we are to begin with. Those human beings who are able to not eat are really from another planet. Hang in.....I'll keep you in my prayers, it is a hard decision to make Di
Diane L.
on 4/19/05 1:13 am - O'Brien, OR
I am so sorry to hear this, Marsha. Truly sorry. I can only imagine the disappointment, and heartbreak. Loosing a friend is never easy, but loosing this way is tragic. I am doing a lot of research for a paper- am an RN- and I will add the death rate question to my searches. If I find substantial info I'll let yu know the URL so you can read it. I am so sorry to hear you have gained half your weight back. There is no advice I can offer you. Of course you eat when you are hungry. That's how we got where we are to begin with. Those human beings who are able to not eat are really from another planet. Hang in.....I'll keep you in my prayers, it is a hard decision to make Di
jlo232
on 11/30/06 8:41 pm - midland, MI
HI Marsha, I'm 54 had RNY proxmial surgery in Dec.1999. started at 240 only went down to 160. in 2 years. I was always hungry,I had my RNY at Addison,MI. baritric center, barix now. I have gain 30lbs now in the last 2 years....i'm on Medicaid now with problems with depression and waiting for SSD to get approved. I would like a revision but don't think medicaid would approve of it because i'm not having now pain anywhere...I was thinking of going to Hurley if i ever have any problems. I noticed that you had a revision? What was your problems to get accepted for the revision? Would really like to hear from someone that is a long term post-op....I'm up to 185lbs now. What I read that the RNY was just a tool and weight gain is usual if you don't follow the diet. I don't drink protein or ever did. PLease reply at [email protected] THanks, jane owens, Midland, MI.
Most Active
Recent Topics