Recent Posts

lpalcit
on 9/14/10 5:22 am - Windsor, Canada
Topic: Long term issues with severe drop and dump syndrome
Approx two years ago I was unable to keep anything in my systom  for more than 15 minutes without taking medication.  I became a hermit and took a leave of absense from work due to this issue.  I had surgery done in 2001 in toronto and right from the get go I had complications.  I am wondering if there is anyone out there that experience the same problem I am having.  I am now seeing Dr. Wilson in windsor who thinks that I will need two serious surgeries done to correct this problem.  There are only two Doctors that can help me, one in detroit, and the other in quebec.  I have had almost every test done that is possible.  Please let me know if you are out there, I sure could use the support.  Linda
jlo232
on 11/30/06 8:41 pm - midland, MI
Topic: RE: Weight Gain Blues
HI Marsha, I'm 54 had RNY proxmial surgery in Dec.1999. started at 240 only went down to 160. in 2 years. I was always hungry,I had my RNY at Addison,MI. baritric center, barix now. I have gain 30lbs now in the last 2 years....i'm on Medicaid now with problems with depression and waiting for SSD to get approved. I would like a revision but don't think medicaid would approve of it because i'm not having now pain anywhere...I was thinking of going to Hurley if i ever have any problems. I noticed that you had a revision? What was your problems to get accepted for the revision? Would really like to hear from someone that is a long term post-op....I'm up to 185lbs now. What I read that the RNY was just a tool and weight gain is usual if you don't follow the diet. I don't drink protein or ever did. PLease reply at [email protected] THanks, jane owens, Midland, MI.
Diane L.
on 4/19/05 1:13 am - O'Brien, OR
I am so sorry to hear this, Marsha. Truly sorry. I can only imagine the disappointment, and heartbreak. Loosing a friend is never easy, but loosing this way is tragic. I am doing a lot of research for a paper- am an RN- and I will add the death rate question to my searches. If I find substantial info I'll let yu know the URL so you can read it. I am so sorry to hear you have gained half your weight back. There is no advice I can offer you. Of course you eat when you are hungry. That's how we got where we are to begin with. Those human beings who are able to not eat are really from another planet. Hang in.....I'll keep you in my prayers, it is a hard decision to make Di
Diane L.
on 4/19/05 1:13 am - O'Brien, OR
I am so sorry to hear this, Marsha. Truly sorry. I can only imagine the disappointment, and heartbreak. Loosing a friend is never easy, but loosing this way is tragic. I am doing a lot of research for a paper- am an RN- and I will add the death rate question to my searches. If I find substantial info I'll let yu know the URL so you can read it. I am so sorry to hear you have gained half your weight back. There is no advice I can offer you. Of course you eat when you are hungry. That's how we got where we are to begin with. Those human beings who are able to not eat are really from another planet. Hang in.....I'll keep you in my prayers, it is a hard decision to make Di
mmercier
on 3/30/05 4:20 am - Waterfor, MI
Topic: Weight Gain Blues
Has anyone had a significant weight gain years after the surgery? I had a RNY Gastric Bypass over 5 years ago. I've gained almost half the weight back in the past 2 years. I've been told by a couple surgeons, that the astemosis (the opening between the stomach and the small intestine) is wide open. I never feel full and dont get a satisfied feeling after I eat. I'm always hungry and am sorry to say that I give into the feeling more times than not. I'm looking at having a revision, but have been told that the death rate is 15x higher on the second time around. A good friend of mine just died last month, 12 days post op. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
ericklein
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
Most Active
Recent Topics