Advice please!

cjgraves
on 7/12/07 7:01 pm - Russell, IA
I had surgery January 25,2004. I lost 120 pounds. I have recently went through a hysterectomy and an emergency gallbladder surgery...all within a month of each other. Now I find I am craving sweets and I have gained back 20 pounds. Does anyone have any advice forme? I am trying to get back on track and eat more protein and watch my portions. The exercise thing is my problem. I am so tired yet when I get off work that I don't want to exercise. :-(
lavina27
on 7/24/07 1:23 pm - Houston, TX
Hi Jennifer, Don't beat yourself up about the weight gain. You did have surgery so I'm sure that slowed you down in exercising and loosing weight. When I find myself starting to gain weight. I go on the FAT SMASH Diet, by Dr. Ian Smith. You can find the book at amazon.com for 10 bucks or any local bookstore. In the book, phase I is a 8day detox of eating mainly fruits and veggies and no meat. When I followed it, I lost 9 lbs and this was a great start with getting back on track. With respect to exercising, I say start off gradually, get a 20 min aerobic or strength training video and do it for 10 min, then build up to 20 min and so forth. Also try lifting small hand weights, this will help give your metabolism a good boost. Let me know if you need anything else. Take Care, Lavina
coke
on 7/26/07 3:34 am - Naperville, IL
Thank you i'm going to get the book also and give it a try. I have not reached goal yet but my original banding was Jan. 24, 2004. I have been rebanded due a few complications July 27th 206 and so I start anew. I come to this board periodically for support and prayerfully to be supportive. My advice girl is to stay in the fight. No matter how many times you are knocked down.Fat kills and I was so close. God gave me lap-banding and now I can a lease swing back. Eventually you are going to start landing punches and the victory will be God and yours/ours. with God's love and banding success/Coke
cjgraves
on 7/26/07 5:50 pm - Russell, IA
Thank you so much! I've joined Curves and have really started watching what I'm eating. I appreciate the support so much. I will check out that book. It sounds like a good way to get back on track.
MsjOhio
on 9/12/07 6:43 am - Columbus, OH
Hi Jennifer, When I first read you post, I had to re-read it and look at the name who posted it. I could have sworn someone copied my post from the main message board. Anywhooo....your story is my story. I had WLS on Jan 12, 2004. Sept 2006 I had a hysterectomy, and I have gained 45lbs since I had the hysterectomy last September. It seems that I can't pull it together to get back on track. I know you're requesting advice (that I don't have). I'm sorry - I added my delima onto your post.
ciscorita
on 6/8/11 6:18 am
I am having issues also. My original was January 9th 2004. I went from 320 to 186. My lowest weight. I used to go between 186 and 196 all the time. I was at the gym 5 days a week for 2 hours, pumping iron and cross training. I even did 2 triathlons. Then my dad was diagnosed with cancer in July of 2008 and died September 11 2008.I am now 230 as of this morning..uuggghhh!!  I know it's no excuse but I felt my whole life fall apart. I know I need to cut back on food and get my butt back to the gym. I just can't seem to motivate myself. I suppose too I should have my blood work done and checked for iron etc. Anyway, Good Luck to all of you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10.5 years out
tyx3mom · 2 replies · 676 views
How is everyone doing?
Nancy · 0 replies · 790 views
Support for 10yr Post-Op
susan1713 · 0 replies · 745 views
Scared of a colonoscopy!
terrylynn · 0 replies · 776 views