Hi Surgery month friends!

erikapoindexter
on 10/6/11 11:14 pm - VA
Hi everyone!

So, I am a very goal oriented person, and if I have a goal and share it with others, I am more likely to keep it! So, here it goes!

My Gastric Bypass was in January 4, 2004. I have never regretted it and my life is LEAPS and bounds more fulfililng than it was! Over the past 3 years, a stressful job and other items (which were excuses) led me to slowly slip into old habits. I was eating unhealthy foods, stopped exercising and generally, just went back to focusing on others too much, at the expense of myself! Well, NOW I am taking time for myself. For 3 weeks now, I have been back on track and am feeling so great!

Knowing that my 8 year surgery mark is coming up in January is giving me the motivation that I want to be back at my goal weight of 150 in time for my anniversary. This may be an ambitious goal, but I am going to do everything that I can do get there. This means that I need to lose 25 pounds in three months. Here are my goals:

-Follow the rules (supplements, etc.)
-Exercise 6 days per week
-Water, water, water!
-Lean protein first, other foods later

I am glad I found this site and am happy to have the support from everyone! Thanks for letting me share!

Erika
Starting weight, 379lbs
Current weight, 175lbs, lowest weight 155lbs

Gastric Bypass: January 4, 2004
Lower body lift: January 2005
Arm and Breast Life: October 2005
gymfua
on 10/19/11 2:57 am - St Thomas , Canada
Congratulation Erika , keep up the hard work you have accomplished so much and you can continue .
Best of Luck
Patricia
Most Active
Recent Topics
10.5 years out
tyx3mom · 2 replies · 676 views
How is everyone doing?
Nancy · 0 replies · 790 views
Support for 10yr Post-Op
susan1713 · 0 replies · 745 views
Scared of a colonoscopy!
terrylynn · 0 replies · 776 views