HELLO

Beth D.
on 1/22/08 8:45 pm - Northport, AL
I haven't posted here in a looong time. I had surgery 1/13/05 I've since GAINED 25 lbs back. I STILL DUMP!!!!! I STILL cannot eat anything dairy (except cheese) I cannot drink regular mil**** cream, etc without falling asleep and feeling sluggish, drowsy, sick to my tummy. I know that I should lay off the soda. I drink Diet pepsi EVERYDAY, and coffee (with splenda only) and I drink while I eat. I know this is what's making me gain again. Anyways, I just need a bit of support and advice. I already know my downfalls so please I need encouragement.
debdoc
on 2/11/08 11:39 pm - fort wayne, IN
greetings beth long time no see you here! sorry you're having problems with re-gain. i'm not sure what to advise you -- i've managed to never start the soda (or anything carbonated) habit again. i do drink regular coffee by the gallon - i drink it black, though, no splenda. other than coffee, i drink propel. i just saw something on the news about a study that indicated drinking diet soda causes weight gain, so perhaps that is at the root of your problems. i don't do a lot of dairy either -- not a milk drinker and haven't had any ice cream. i do eat cheese without problems. i've not tested it a lot...but i think i may be one of those who doesn't dump. i stay away from sugar as a general rule. i have problems if i eat something with carbs like a bagel, or something like that - an hour or so later, my blood sugar drops and i get light headed, sweat pours off me, etc. it's quite unpleasant and has been a real motivator for me to stay away from things that trigger those episodes! i'm still drinking protein drinks (as i genuinely like the ones i drink!), and i eat protein bars quite often too. other than that, i stick to fish or chicken, some veggies, i eat nuts, too -- i'm really not very adventurous in my eating anymore! i've lost 280 lbs at this point - my bmi is now 26.2. it was 66.4 when i started this journey, so i'm delighted with how things have gone for me. i guess my advice to you would be get back to the basics. try to avoid that diet soda, and focus on protein. wishing you all the best! deb
Beth D.
on 2/12/08 4:14 am - Northport, AL
Thank you so much deb! I'm inspired by your great success
PegW
on 2/29/08 5:05 am - TROY, NY
Hey Beth sorry to hear your having a little difficulty and at this juncture it is just a little. Look at your picture posted here and then look at one where you used to be the other you. I do that on a regular basis to remind myself why I did what we all have done(surgery) and why you need to get back on track. I too did drank a lot of diet soda and was told by my surgeon that it very well might be the reason I was starting to gain. I have since stopped and only occasionally will have some and I mean only occasionally. I have lost what was put on and have now maintained. Give that a try. I continue to drink a lot of water and add Crystal Light to it sometimes. I also drink coffee with splenda or some other sugar substitute. I do like my coffee. Hope you get back on track without to much trouble you have come a long way and are beautiful.
Most Active
Recent Topics