Not sure what to do

Nemochic
on 8/23/08 5:28 am
My surgery was Jan 2005. Alot of stuff has happened since then my smallest that I got down to was 230. Well now I am back up to 282. I am trying to regain control but it seems as if I have let all my old habits come back. I am complusively eating again.... and I hate it. I have started finding my self eating again anytime I am bored or overly tired. So I try not to let myself get there but man its hard. Does anyone else or has anyone else had this happen?

Any advice on what to do? I am scared that I will get back up to my heaviest weight.

Vanessa @Nebraska
on 8/25/08 10:58 pm - NE
here the same, eating a lot lol
 We can try to get back on track .. do you want to be my buddy we can share on daily  and suppor each other. Want to give a try?
[email protected]
hit me and we can do something

Faith is not believing that God can It is knowing that God will.

Hugs from Nebraska

missjoann97
on 9/23/08 12:55 am - Stickney, IL
I too have found myself gaining a bit of weight from 225 to now 255, that really hurts. I worked so hard (and so did you). I'm really searching myself for why I"m eating, and trying to remind myself of my goals, and what I enjoyed doing at my lowest weight. I am now looking into looking for support and meal planning to lose the weight AGAIN. I'll be your buddy!
Debstamper
on 1/12/09 8:56 am - CA
It looks like there are quite a few of us out there at this stage.  I had my surgery Jan 2005 and lost 150 lbs.  I have kept it off, but recently put on  7 pounds.  I don't want it to go farther.  We need HELP!
Deborah Nunez
DonnaGirl
on 1/13/09 1:01 pm - Wichita Falls, TX
Sounds like typical gain from 20 -50lbs I"m seeing in those about 4 years out... do we simply get complacent?  I don't know ... I have to say that I have made LIFE LONG changes but I guess not enough of them.  I still do my vitamins and protein faithfully but snack way too much I know and well the gym and I have never had a long lasting relationship but I have a co-worker that has been encouraging me to go with her 3 times a week and I think that is a step in the right direction even if I haven't been able to go with her all 3 times each week.  I at least make it once a week.  I was thankful for 4 yrs weight loss was not on my New Years Resolution list/thoughts but it was this year ... I want to loose 30 lbs could loose 40lbs without any concern from the doctor but I'm comfortable with 30.   I had studied personal friends that had the weight loss and knew weight gain was common but I just knew I would be and do better than them but here I am ...
Judith R.
on 1/31/09 10:06 pm - Monson, MA

I'm sorry you are going through this.  However, as I am in the same boat, it's good to have  company.
I know that I don't drink enough water.  how about you?    I should be walking more, but find there are so many excuses... and I have used them all.   My daughter in law bought me a treadmill... to match hers.   We are trying to encourage each other.

You are not alone.  

Beth D.
on 7/23/09 3:06 am - Northport, AL

hey you guys

GOOGLE: Candy Cane ROUX

This is MY problem and others on here have it, too and they have had reconstructive surgery that they RE-LOST ALL THEIR WEIGHT!

I'm looking into this and I have just called my surgeon.

I will report back when I find out something.

Photobucket  PhotobucketPhotobucket  PhotobucketPhotobucket

Nemochic
on 7/23/09 3:31 am
Keep me posted on what you find out. I am considering having something done but unsure what at this point.
Best of luck
Jennifer
lovdabluz64
on 10/23/09 4:40 am
 Sista, I feel your pain!  A lot has happened here as well.  Two hurricanes, my husbands bipolar diagnosis after a suicide attempt, I had a hysterectomy and dealt with depression following that (probably hormonal).  I also had to have a blood transfusion and found out I have iron deficient anemia.  I got an IV port put in last year and received iron infusions every week for most of last year.  It has been rough.  I also have returned to my bad habits and gained some weight.  My highest weight was 293, I got down to 189.  I currently weigh 214!  I am scared and bummed and I didn't go through all of this to still be obese!  I am trying to get back on track.  I feel like I never reached my goal.  If I could get off of carbs I might be able to lose some weight.  So, know this, you are not alone.  Maybe we can all support each other.  I feel like I have been making excuses for too long and the time has come to get this done!  I had a dream last week that I woke up and all my weight was back!
Most Active
Recent Topics