Almost 4 1/2 years out

pazazztapper
on 6/17/09 2:31 pm - ss, OK
Hi to all of you 2005 Gastric Patients.  I am almost 4 1/2 years out.  And like all of you I have put back on about 20 pounds.  It has become harder to monitor food, etc.  However, I am thankful for the fact that I do dump if I eat too much sugar.  That has been a lifesaver for me.  I started out wearing a 26 and am still wearing a 14.  Not exactly where I would like to be, but, much much better than where I was.    My friend is 5 1/2 years out and she is going through the same thing as the rest of us.  I am having problems with low vitamin D and Iron.  So, the doctor has me on 5,000 mg of vitamin D per day and 1 feosol per day to see if that takes care of it.  I can tell you as I know most of you feel as well, I would do this again tomorrow.  I am lovin life and at 276, I was miserable.  Have a great year all.
lindaway
on 7/15/09 11:31 pm - Mentor, OH
I too am 4 1/2 yrs out.  Facing the same struggles as the rest of us.  People who think this is the magic pill are wrong, but I would not change my decision.  It has been a lifesaver.  So, we just keep on working on our weight. 
pazazztapper
on 7/15/09 11:55 pm - ss, OK
Hi Linda, it seems we are all in the same boat.  I just wi**** were as easy today as it was 4 1/2 years ago for us.  Hope you are doing well.  All we can do is encourage each other and do our best to stay on the losing side and not let ourselves get back to where we were.  Best of luck.
Beth D.
on 7/23/09 3:15 am - Northport, AL

I am in the same boat, too but I'm having a lot of issues (vomiting, gastric issues, bloating, etc) after I eat. I still dump, too, but I recently researched it and found out it is called a "Candy Cane Roux" issue and it qualifies us for reconstructive surgery if you have it.

I'm looking into it now but I know of one person on here that has that issue and had reconstructive surgery and has lost the weight again.

Photobucket  PhotobucketPhotobucket  PhotobucketPhotobucket

Debstamper
on 11/3/09 1:51 am - CA

I though I saw someone on this website who had it and is doing great.  I think I may have the same problem.  Have you had any information on it?  Your post was a while back.

Deborah Nunez
Most Active
Recent Topics