Need some Motivation

HPhelps_30
on 5/6/10 1:24 pm
BooLicious
on 5/7/10 1:29 am - PA
Start by making a daily trip on to OH every day.  It helps me cause I stay involved, read motivational stories from inspiring people, I realize on days I am struggling that I am not alone and that I CAN do this, I get great food advice, recipes and so much more.  You can do this and have a fresh new start!!!  I am sure this has been tough on you emotionally but you have had a lot going on, so do try and let it go and get a fresh new outlook starting with believing in yourself.  You did it before and we all know you can do it again!  :) 

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Hermosa L
on 5/7/10 1:37 am

I would jump on dailyplate or myfitnesspal and start logging your foods again just to see where your at.

I would limit uncessary carbs for now right now... cereal, bread, rice,etc .. jump back to basic protein and veggies and or fruti and start moving.. maybe walking or a video etc.

You will notice a difference in two weeks

GOOD LUCK

Lisa O.
on 5/7/10 2:04 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Welcome back!
You are in the right place!   I'm sure you remember what it took to lose the weight the first time

so the best advice I can give you is to get back to basics.  I would recommend cleansing your system by doing the Plateau Buster diet for 10 days, (there's a copy on my blog if you need it, pg. 4 or 5).  Once you get your system clean of carbs you'll be ready to go.  Start measuring, logging your food daily and counting at least your protein grams, (60-80 per day).  Writing everything down will help you with accountability and it will let you see where you're wasting calories.  Also, go through the pantry and fridge and get rid of all the crap foods!  You won't succeed is you're surrounded by temptation, especially until you get some restriction back.  When you can afford to, get a fill!

Keep coming back.  It does make a difference.

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

HPhelps_30
on 5/7/10 11:18 am

Lisa,
I would like to read your blog, can you please tell me how to find it? And Thank You again for the advice, it means a lot to me!

Lisa O.
on 5/7/10 11:51 pm - Snoqualmie, WA
First you should probably friend me so you can have access to my blog.  But then, click on my name under my picture.  That takes you to my profile page.  Under my picture you'll the work blog.  Click on it.  There are several pages with posts but the titles should indicate the content so you can pick and choose what you want to read.

Let me know if you have any questions.  I hope you find new motivation and are able to get that band woking for you again.  You know what it takes and we are all here to help!

I know you can do it!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

HPhelps_30
on 5/7/10 11:12 am
Thank you ALL for the wonderful advice, I knew I would find great advice and support here. So I'm taking your advice and I will be sure to visit here more often and go back to protein, protein, protein. I just needed to be reminded where to start. I must say that my husband and I have been walking 2-3 miles a day for a couple months and I have managed to lose 20 lbs since Dec. I just feel stuck since my band isnt working to its full potential right now but your advice means a lot and I will definatly take it. Thanks again!
Most Active
Recent Topics