4 Years today!!!

special kay
on 1/13/10 2:47 am - Ladson, SC
Today I am 4 years post op! I was 450 lbs and wore a size 36! Today, I am 176 lbs and wear a size 10!

Last Tuesday I had my first complication.. A small bowell obstruction. I was in the hospital 1 week, had open surgery to fix the obstruction and repair my 2 hernias. I was at work and it happened really fast. The pain started about 7 pm and that night, i was being admitted in the hospital.

Now, everyone is asking me if I regret having WLS because of the obstruction. HECK NO! I researched WLS very well so i know that things can happen... even years later.

All my complications from WLS...

Severely Anemic .. have to have iron transfusions
2 Abdominal hernias
Bowell Obstruction

Even after all that, i would do it again!!! 

Happy 4 years to me!! 
     ~*Kay*~

450/388/173/175   
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/Special-Kay/ <~~ Look!! 

Alejandro Gonzalez
on 1/13/10 5:02 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Happy Surgyversary Kay!!!

I am interested in your complication... I have felt a seriously awful pain in my under my lower ribs for some time... I has come and gone but it is really awfull...

I am happy to know that you don't regret anything... I am fortunate to tell the same story... I know that this is a process that every body have done and lived in diferent ways... it is really wonderful to have a bunch of people eager to hear you and respect your opinion. Here in our beloved board we can find people who loved the surgery and people *****gret is deeply...

best regards

Alex
Ms T.
on 3/4/10 5:24 am - Northern Chicagoland, IL
Hi Kay - you look fabulous! I can feel your positive energy and enthusiasm for life.

My only complication is having moved from health insurance as a group policy to an individual and dealing with it as a pre-existing condition. That has been ugly, even with the company who processed the procedure in the first place.

I wish you and all continued success knowing there will be high and low points.

HUGS

~Tiff
Ms T.
on 1/11/11 12:17 am - Northern Chicagoland, IL
 Happy pre 5 year surgiversary to you!  Hope you post an update on how you are doing....look forward to hearing how you are.  HUGS
Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 152 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 588 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 627 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 586 views