Happy it is my Surgerversary

Ms T.
on 1/11/11 12:10 am - Northern Chicagoland, IL
 Hello all.....looking back over the last 5+ years since I decided to make this change in life is pretty amazing.  Today is my 5 year surgiversary and I have no regrets but there are changes in my life that I continually need to focus on and manage.

I got out of the vitamin routine 3 years ago and am now severely struggling with deficencies.  It became obvious as I continually had trembling and after some blood tests my levels with B, iron and other minerals were at super low points.  I am now taking about 40 pills a day to mega dose and get back to normal levels which they say will take about 6-8 months.  

About 3 years ago I also stepped away from protein shakes which I also resumed a few months ago, I found myself hungry all the time and could not eat what I needed to so one of the shakes every few days helps me get what I need.  I am up 20 lbs from my lowest and this also helps keep my energy high.

I eat no sugar at all, no interest, no taste for it.  Psychologically, I miss ice cream but never have any.  It is one of those 'retraining the brain' things.  Alcohol is sometimes a problem for me and I struggle with that.  Empty calories.  Also got out of the exercise routine which I am making one of my top priorities.

Have been doing project work for 2 years since I lost my job.  Enjoyed the slower pace of life and am just about to start a new 'real' job that will get me back doing what I love.  

Still have not met the romance of my life but I am sure it will come eventually.......

If you are on facebook I'd love to connect and keep in touch there.

You are all very special and I often think of the amazing network of people I met going through this process.  I wish you well, health and happiness.

<>

T

Alejandro Gonzalez
on 1/11/11 1:32 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Happy surgiversary Tiff!!!

It's sad to verify that our forum is out of many wonderful people once had...

My best wishes for you to get all your goals and dreams... challenges are always there beyond us expecting to be conquered.

I am right now in the same position as you in the proffessional field. I am working real hard to start up my own business...

Best regards

Alex
toleary
on 1/11/11 10:36 am - AZ

Tiff,

So nice to see you post. I am sure you will get that vitamin thing under control.  I have been good with my vitamins from the beginning however it did not help me enough I have issues with very low iron, even had to have a blood transfusion last November but am on a new iron three times a day now it seems to be helping. I think my lows may have also been atributed to my many plastic surgeries in the last five years. I have been doing great with my weight at my lowest now 109 my Dr would like to see me get it up a little but I am feelng good where I am at. I really need to concentrate on excercise though.

Life is well these days, I did got divorced this last year after 25 years but am doing better in my life than I ever have.

HAVE A GREAT DAY

TORI

Ms T.
on 1/12/11 3:12 am - Northern Chicagoland, IL
 Thanks, Tori, for posting and sharing your experiences.  Our bodies all respond differently but that just reinforces the need to share what we are experiencing.  Those vitamins are so important.  It is a struggle to take so many each day  now but I know the challenges if I do not.  My lighter life is worth it.  Lets keep in touch on exercising and help each other along this challenge.  They say the endorphins are worth it....

Big hugs,

Tiff
Ladybugmom
on 1/12/11 5:22 am - Lockport, NY
 Tori,
Sorry to hear about your divorce but glad to hear things are gong well. I bet your girls are all grownup now!
Chris

iphonepics004-1.jpg picture by LadyBugMom87

toleary
on 1/12/11 6:27 am - AZ
Getting there one is off to college at SDSU, one is a senior about to go to NAU and the little one is in thrid grade she is a blast, keeps me going.

How are yours ? Are you over your hurdles with your son ? Seems like the issues I had with my daughter was eons ago. Funny how such huge things get better even though you think they never will.

NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU

TORI
Alejandro Gonzalez
on 1/12/11 5:49 am - Zapopan, Mexico
Oh my!!!

I am so sorry for you divorce... I hope you will find solace and confort!!!! 25 years is a whole life... My best wishes for you and for the chance to find a life full of harmony and peace...

Alex
desilvin
on 5/14/14 10:33 am - Coconut Creek, FL

Im new to the site and hoping to find support.  I had rny surgery in 2006 and have severe iron deficiencies now ascwell as some weightbgain!  Need some advice.  Would you friend me on facebook.  Niki desilvio coconut creek, fl

Ladybugmom
on 1/12/11 5:20 am - Lockport, NY
 Tiff good to hear from you! I hope you vitamin levels get under control soon enough! I do not take vitamins but my levels all seem to be fine. Good luck on the new job and I bet before you know it the love of your life will be there, I miss everyone from the beginning of this process!
Chris

iphonepics004-1.jpg picture by LadyBugMom87

Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 151 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 588 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 626 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 586 views