Surgiversary (January 6)

Rose Reinhart
on 1/14/11 5:15 am - Boone, NC
I missed posting on my actual date - but I do have a good excuse - LOL.

2010 was a disaster for me both personally and professionally.  I had to have surgery right after moving to North Carolina, my dad died, the provost who hired me retired and went on sabbatical before he came back as faculty, and the person I reported to decided I was not the person she wanted as registrar (she wanted her ‘own’ person).  So on June 23 I was told, ‘Thank you for buying a house in Boone and moving here – but please go and find work elsewhere’.    I was awarded a small severance package and I went on the job hunt.  I was offered a new position the first part of December and I started January 3.  I am the Dean of Academic Affairs at New York Chiropractic College in Seneca Falls, NY.   My husband, my kids and my two dogs are still in North Carolina and are not moving up here until our house sells there.  The housing market in Boone stinks right now (not unique to Boone, though) – although we have had 4 showings in the last 2 weeks.  I am living in one of our residence halls.  The rent is ‘cheap’ (it’s free) and given our financial situation ‘free’ is good.  

My weight has gone up but given that my low was really low for me (118 pounds), it is ok.  I stay between 135 and 145 and that works for me.  I do step on the scale every morning and still my day revolves around 'the number on the scale'.  I am starting a strength training class through my college - so I'm looking forward to that.

Happy New Year, 2006 'Brothers and Sisters!!!

Rose Reinhart
Seneca Falls, NY

Home is where your dog is........

Alejandro Gonzalez
on 1/14/11 5:32 am - Zapopan, Mexico
I am sorry to know about your problmes. I can assure you that I can relate to them more than I would like to concede.

I am sure life will get better. I have been there, and fact I am there and always you can find ways out of trouble. I hope your will keep your weight under control... the best new year 2006???? for you too!!!!

Alex
*~*Jaci *.
on 2/28/11 1:52 am - Central Valley, CA
I can empathize with you, Rose, the past year was a major struggle for me as well.  I know you can move forward and keep  up the amazing work you've done the past five years.  Congrats!

*~*Jaci*~*

The more things the change, the more they're still the same.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 152 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 588 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 627 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 586 views