Surgeraversity

lhasaraptormom
on 3/1/12 4:34 am, edited 3/1/12 4:35 am - Spokane, WA
Hi eyeryone! 

6 years out I am maintaining my weight at 125.  I got down to 118 but I looked like I was dying so I gained a couple.  I would always be afraid to leave the house because of people would laugh at me and insult me.  I am proud to say, I leave the house all the time now and love being out there.

I still have some issues with body image, I sometimes see the old fat me, but most of the time I see me as I am now. I have also gotten very good at tucking skin into pants. LOL

I started out at 286 (what they called a lightweight)  I have used the tool they gave me and have had AWESOME success.  I have lost 97% of my excess body weight.  YEAH for me.

My Husband is going to be having it done in the next couple months so that will be interesting. 

If you are newer and thinking about this all I can say is it was the BEST thing I've done in my life.  You will have sucess if you follow Dr's orders and not fall into the pit again just to blow the surgery you just had.  No one wants to blow 10k or more to fail.  Be strong!  Off to do some chores.  BYE!!

Be yourself, no matter what, because the people that mind, don't matter and the people that matter, don't mind.
                                       Dr. Seuss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Found my way back
Kristi H. · 0 replies · 152 views
9 years really
toleary · 2 replies · 588 views
gained weight scared!
Rosemary C. · 0 replies · 627 views
Wow, it's been a long time.
Susan D. · 1 replies · 586 views