Been better...

comom2trips
on 11/8/09 2:46 pm
Hey everyone-
I've had a rough time recently...
home problems, illness and now recents probs- am going to post on main RNY board just to get more feedback and ?'s answered...
but here's the jist...
possible reactive hypoglycemia?... had 2hr blood glucose test and failed- started meds- had test again just Friday- felt the usual driving home after- shaky and hyper after being hyper and then tired after drinking the stuff for the test...
My Dr gets paged at 2am- and then calls me- level  had dropped to 16!!!  Now she had told me not to drive home because she knew the test would mess me up- but a 16?  From what I've read- that's pretty bad and the Dr was totally freaked out.  So- now own a meter and am learning to use it.  but it's crazy- no real changes in diet- was never a dumper... what the heck is going on?
Good to know that my symptoms (shakiness, loss of memory at times, nervousness, trouble speaking and drowsiness) have a cause.  But I will be thrilled to get the education that comes with whatever I've got.  Dr said (beofre the test) she wanted me to go diabetes community center, and meet with a dietician... but from the testing this weekend- it doesn't matter what I eat- the numbers bounce all over the place.  At my most recent physical the Dr was thrilled- kept my weight off- resting pulse 58, BP 96/52 and my body fat from my home scale still syas I'm at 20-21%.  I've been exercising ave 1.5- 2.5 hrs/day- mon -thurs.  Other than my monthly iron infusions thought all was going well.  Went in this time with complaints of the shakiness and muscle cramping.
Oh well- keep ypu posted-
Brit
EGSuzie
on 11/8/09 3:12 pm - Elk Grove, CA
Brit...
I am so sorry to hear the problems at home are still hanging around. Sometimes life can seem so unfair and lacking of joy...but it will turn around.

With regard to the reactive hypo...I've had a few episodes, but they have always happened in the middle of the night. Typically, I am woken out of a deep sleep only to find myself confused, sweaty, nervous, and shaky. I only seem to know that I need to get to the kitchen for water and something to eat. It scares the crap out of me every time it has happened! I've been lucky it hasn't happened during the day or in times when it could put me or others in danger. In the end...I have no idea why it has happened or what has triggered it.

I really hope your health is good otherwise and that you are able to find ways of controlling your hypo symptoms. A blood sugar of 16 is deadly! Take care and come around more often!!! I miss seeing you around here. 

High Wt. 251.5/Goal 150/Current 145  39 yrs. old, 5' 6" tall, Size 1
  December 22, 2009~~ BA, Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck, Sm. Thigh lift   
                     Dr. Francisco Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico

Most Active
Recent Topics
Year 7!!!
Stephanie B. · 14 replies · 1378 views
5 Year Anniversary
Stephanie B. · 1 replies · 1063 views