Monday Morning Weigh-Ins

EGSuzie
on 1/25/10 4:18 am - Elk Grove, CA
Good Monday Morning My January Lovelies!

Tomorrow marks 5 weeks out of plastics for me! Yay!!! Only one more week to go before I can medically ditch my compression garment...though I won't be surprised if I need it from time to time to control swelling.
My weight is up and down, up and down....I have no idea what is water and what isn't. Oh well, it may be months before I settle down.

Surgery/high: 251.5
Two weeks ago: 145.8
Today:145.6

Let's hear what you have to say...get in here and post, damn it! This place is becoming a ghost town just about the time everyone is having their third anniversary.
I would love to know what's new and not-so-new in everyone's lives.

High Wt. 251.5/Goal 150/Current 145  39 yrs. old, 5' 6" tall, Size 1
  December 22, 2009~~ BA, Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck, Sm. Thigh lift   
                     Dr. Francisco Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico

salinasyaya
on 1/25/10 4:45 am - Corpus Christi, TX
VSG on 07/29/08 with
 O.k....so I know I don't belong in this forum but I am able to see all your posts because you are my friend.  I can't believe that I only weigh 3 lbs more than you yet look so tiny and me well not so tiny....different body types huh?

EGSuzie
on 1/25/10 4:55 am - Elk Grove, CA
Haaa! You wouldn't believe how many times I have heard that during my lifetime! lol

Even when I was "naturally" thin, in my teen days, I always weighed about 20 pounds more than other girls exactly my size. I know I have a decent amount of natural muscle mass and a relatively stout bone structure. I have super narrow hips and no butt, and a really wide ribcage and shoulders...often a really crappy combo.
Genetics: sometimes a blessing, sometimes a curse.

But, I do have to tell you...you are small...even if you don't see it yet. I don't always see it in myself either, so we are in good company!

salinasyaya
on 1/25/10 8:13 am - Corpus Christi, TX
VSG on 07/29/08 with
you are too sweet...I see myself in the mirror and although I don't consider myself fat I am a thick girl ...thanks though...glad to see you are feeling better

comom2trips
on 1/26/10 4:11 am
Hey stranger!!!
Well-
Sitting at 135- which is decent- up 20 from lowest- but actually down 10 recently, would realistically like to drop another 10 and then would be comfy.
Got the news today tumor is benign!!!  :)   Yes!!!!
Still doing monthly infusions like clockwork.  Yesterday got a penicillin shot in my a$$.  Anyone else's immune system shot to hell?  Triplets having just finished rotating through strep and I just slept for 48 hours.  I am becoming a sloth.  My Christmas tree is still up!!! How embarrassing!!
Good to be here!!!
Brit
EGSuzie
on 1/26/10 5:17 am - Elk Grove, CA
I am thrilled to hear it was benign!! That is wonderful news, Brit. What will they do now to treat your symptoms...look for another cause, perhaps?

Sorry about the babes being ill...we've always been so lucky with regard to sick kids. Ours are rarely ill, and since RNY, neither am I. No more bronchitis, strep throat, or flu...I used to get them all, several times a year.

If people ask about your tree...just tell them you are being proactive and are getting a jump on next year! 

comom2trips
on 1/26/10 11:03 am
I don't know if they'll leave a pancreatic tumor in there or what... I know it's small...I have to wait for my next appt which drives me insane!!!
As for hypoglycemic episodes...they've got me on a new med called acarbose 100mg 3x/day along with the metformin.   I don't think it does much, but we'll see.  I've been on it 3wks- 1 month about.  I can definitely see the difference with my diet.  The less carb I eat the better- but even then I still have problems.  The whole thing is wierd.  I really enjoyed and found your friend- "melting mama" extremely helpful.  She totally understood.  At first my Dr wanted me at the ER everytime I was dropping below 50- I was there twice in 3 days- we'd go broke!!!
So- we'll see and I'll keep you posted...
Brit :)
EGSuzie
on 1/26/10 11:50 am - Elk Grove, CA
Beth (MM) is an amazing chick! I adore her! If you ever get the chance to meet her in person...DO!

I hope the meds and diet work. I know I have days where every morsel of carb that passes my lips makes me shake and wig out an hour later. I can literally feel my bloodsugar drop...but not to the degree that you or Beth have had to deal with. 

Keep me posted on what they decide to do. You never know when another of us may be in your position...the info may be invaluable someday!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Year 7!!!
Stephanie B. · 14 replies · 1379 views
5 Year Anniversary
Stephanie B. · 1 replies · 1064 views