6 Years Guys....Where are we now????

Stephanie B.
on 1/28/13 10:31 pm - Chattanooga, TN

I can't believe in 2 days it will be six years since I hoped on the table and had this life changing surgery. I am so thankful that God allowed me the opportunity to change my life by with this surgery.  It is up to each of us to use our tools to reach and maintain our goals.  It has not been an easy journey that people who have not gone thru this think that it is....It has been a daily if not minute by minute struggle.  But I wouldn't trade it for where I was 6 years ago...weight 327 lbs. 

Hope to hear from you guys!!!

HW 327

SW 318

CW 161

AngelicMythology
on 2/6/13 3:11 pm - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13

Hello. I actually just had a revision of my rny from proximal to distal on the 21st of January. My surgeon said after the revision that he couldn't believe the amount of small intestines I have. He said that in comparison with the length, initially the amount I was bypassed he can see why I was gaining weight. Hopefully this time around works. So far I've lost 18 lbs.

Original surgery weight: 295

Lowest weight: 135

Revision Weight: 235

Current weight: 217

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

Bethprgirl
on 5/13/13 1:34 am

Hi All,

I had my 6 years in January. Although it's a struggle to keep weight off, I continue to forge onward.

My surgery weight was 272, my lowest weight was 129 (very unrealistic) and I'm now at 159. 

I got up to 175 but I recently lost some weight on both the Wheat Belly Diet (first) and now the Dukan Diet.

No matter what, I don't regret changing my life for the better when I embarked on this next chapter of my life 6 years ago. 

Beth

Stephanie B.
on 5/13/13 7:16 am - Chattanooga, TN

I totally agree on not regretting the change!  Glad to hear you are doing well.  It is definitely a lifestyle change and work...but anything worth having is going to be work! Thanks for responding!

Mr Buddha
on 6/24/13 10:23 pm - florence, KY

Hi all.

I am six years out too. SW- 410 lowet got down to 237. Due to life and and other issues I have been lax about exercising and gained 80lbs back. In saying that I have dropped 20 of those lbs already. THe bad icing on that cake is that at the moment my diabetes has reared its ugly head. That means that I am going to revamp what I do... diet and exercise mainly. Lower my carb intake and get my once again big butt moving. 

Having this surgery has meant the world to me. Yes I have gained some weight again but I have also gained my wife and a son due to surgery. Didn't have either before. 

Do I need a revision I don't know. What have you all done to keep it off?

Ryan

Stephanie B.
on 7/2/13 5:50 am - Chattanooga, TN

Thanks for replying Ryan and congrats on the 20 pound loss!!!  To maintain I pretty much exercised and tried to eat healthier...the eating part...not so easy...and two years ago I turned 40 and for some reason I felt like I didn't have to exercise anymore...now none of my pants fit :-( and I trying to get my butt moving too and to get back on the wagon.  It is soooo hard.  But we know what we have to do its just a matter of doing it.  Congrats on getting married and having a son too!! How exciting!  Well, glad you came out and posted....maybe you can come back around and chat with me and we keep each other on track :-)  I need to get these 15 off before it gets out of hand....

Stephanie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Year 7!!!
Stephanie B. · 14 replies · 1379 views
5 Year Anniversary
Stephanie B. · 1 replies · 1064 views