Stall

Simply ME!
on 2/13/08 10:15 am - Las Cruces, NM
I have lost 16 pounds since surgery. My worry is that I have not lost a pound in about 1 week. Is anyone else in my boat or am I all alone?
hannahsm0mmy
on 2/14/08 3:13 am - Houston, TX
Denise, I think 16 lbs. is great...you only had surgery a few weeks ago. After I was about 2 1/2 or 3 weeks I stalled at 30 lbs. but in a few days I picked back up...I made sure to make time for walking, water and protein. I hope your loss picks back up soon as I know how frustrating it is to look at the scale and it's still at the same number!
Colleen S.
on 2/14/08 12:44 pm - Claypool, Az
I am at that same point and we had surgery just a day apart.
Amber S.
on 2/15/08 12:31 am - Castorland, NY
Denise ~ You are not alone. I hade surgery on the 21st and I have stalled for about a week now. Scales are not moving at all. I am still on stage 1, too!! I am going to purchase some of the whey protein powder into Wal-Mart today and will add that into my Carnation Instant Breakfasts. I hope that will jumpstart my weight loss. I know, it sure gets frustrating!!! Keep your chin up!!! ~ Amber
Acadia_
on 2/20/08 3:01 am
Oooh! Me, me, me!! I just finished a stall that lasted almost a month (I swear it's true). 16 lbs since surgery is awesome (way to go!), and my Dr. said that these stalls are normal (esp. for women) because it's our body's way of kicking into survival mode. Change up your routine - drink more water, eat more protein, do some different exercise - but you'll start losing again!
red465742
on 2/21/08 12:00 pm - VIcksburg, MI
I have lsot 15pounds sense surgery and then nothing for a week. I weas starting to wonder if I was doing something wrong. Then this morning stepped on the scale and presto chango 5pounds gone like that. This is my first stall and I hope I dont have them oftan.
(deactivated member)
on 2/23/08 4:09 am
Check this out: http://www.bariatricbytes.com/timeline.html Maybe it will help...? Angie
HOLLY2BESKINNY
on 3/1/08 11:43 am - JOSEPH, OR
im so with you all !!! my date was jan.18th.started at 304 and now 288.but i have not lost any wieght for almost 2 weeks.i had my first fill on the feb.25 and that was interesting, so i hope something starts helping me. the whey idea is great with carnation breakfast in a blender with ice and milk. i do 2 shakes a day with 30 protians in each one, most of the rest of the day i eat fish. holly oregon
Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/8/08 9:35 am - Baltimore, MD
Oh thank GOD! I thought I was alone. I started at 327 and am now at 290 which is where I've been for two weeks. I'm stepping my exercise routine up a little (I alternate btw the Biggest Loser work out and going to the YMCA). I am frustrated but I feel a whole lot better knowing I'm not alone. At my doctor's office they also said I wasn't eating enough so that was slowing down my metabolism. They told me to shoot for 800 calories a day. Up to that point I'd been getting about 4-500.
hatda
on 3/13/08 1:01 am - Northern (Sacramento area), CA
OK you all. I guess it's normal. AS of today, I"ve been at a stall for 2 weeks. I've lost 28-29lbs and had surgery 1/31. I"ts been frustrating, but sounds normal. I'm trying to up my protein and water consumption...it's not easy, but one replier said her doc told her to up the calories; which i may try to do too. good luck to all. Glad to know this is normal and I"m not in it alone.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 783 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 898 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 902 views