some food issues

red465742
on 3/19/08 11:05 am - VIcksburg, MI
I was jsut wondering if anyone else is having problems with meats. I can not seem to tolerate any type of meats. Also foods I enjoyed befor surgery are just not to my likeing anymore and anything thats been processed in the slightest makes my tummy feel awful. I was just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat as me.
Kathy W.
on 3/20/08 3:48 am - Enfield, CT
RNY on 01/15/08 with
Yup, I was also told that we will get better over time. The only meat I can tolerate is pork and pepperoni that has been in the microwave for about a minute to make them into chips. I have been living on soy nuts (11 g. protein a serving) and string cheese. I posted about this same thing on the CT board under 9 weeks out if you want to read the responses.
Brian Sweatland
on 3/30/08 12:28 pm - Sylvan Beach, NY
I personallyhave not had any issues with meat, however I know many people in my support group have mentioned they cannot tolerate it. I have found however that many of the foods that I used to like, are at times repulsive to me now... like Tuna Fish.
mac409
on 4/11/08 3:10 am
We are all different and our tastes do change after surgery. I use to love steak but now I rather eat chicken. It takes a lot of expermentation to find out what works for you. And as soon as you figure out what you can eat now your taste changes again. I guess it is an ongoing problem. I would rather think of it as an adventure. Last night I had a roasted pepper, turkey and swiss chees sandwich on soy and flaxseed bread with Mayo, boy was that good, could not fini**** but really enjoyed it. Would not have even considered that before surgery. Good luck and happy losing
meemers
on 5/24/08 2:07 am - Sandusky, OH
Sorry to post a reply so late, but I didnt know there was a "surgery month" board so Im just now reading all of the posts. If you can tolerate it, FF cottage cheese has 14 g protein in a 1/2 cup serving... it saved me, because I STILL cant eat any meat that is not wet or ground up. Tami
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 650 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 783 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 898 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 902 views