When will I get enough fill?

LBA
on 6/21/08 9:29 am
Hi, I have averaged about a one lb. loss since WLS/Band in Jan. I have had to use a lot of willpower and feel like I am dieting because I still don't have much restriction. I have 7 cc's in my 10cc band already. What does it take to get restriction and what happens if I run out of room and this never works? I can eat anything and about 2 cups of food at one time to feel sastified. Thank you... Lori.
lkgrubb
on 7/11/08 4:12 am - Prescott, AZ
I had WLS January 31,2008, to date I have lost 32 lbs, I have had 7 cc in a 9 cc Realize band, and I too do not feel restriction, although I do not hungry I am sure I could eat as much as I want and not feel "bad" But that defeats the purpose. I sometimes wonder who is doing the work me or the band, I want the band to do it at least take the lead! Thanks due for 3rd fill 7/21/2008 Karen
LBA
on 7/11/08 12:10 pm
Hi Karen..... Thanks for your reply! Last Thursday, I went in or my 7th fill and I got 1/2 cc's. I told the doctor of my frusrtration and she said again that I was right on target with the weight loss. If that is so, it is at the lowest end of the target range! Well...that fill was finally the one that did it. I have been feeling all the restriction I was expecting so long ago. I had unlearned what they taught us....the slow eating & chewing. So it is bittersweet....sweet because it is finally working....sour because I feel I have lost several months of not losing more and if they were better at the fill process, I would be further along. The best thing is not having the extreme hunger pains I was having. I feel hunger now but it is more like a signal to eat, not "feed me or I will kill". So now I have to worry about keeping this fill working and keep it at this level. I hope when you go for your next fill soon, it will be the one that works. Let me know.....Lori
lkgrubb
on 7/11/08 3:19 pm - Prescott, AZ
Lori, I went to a support meeting last night , first I had found in the area I live in AZ mountains. Anyway they seeemed to think I was not eating enough protein (they recommended 100 grams per day ) I was only averaging 60-70 grams, and to drink more water. Also 6 small meals a day instead of 3. Some of these people had had their surgeries up to 5 years ago and some just in the last 4 months. so the range was there. Hopefully when I go in for my next fill on the 21st, I will have the same luck as you. I am happy you finally got your restriction, that is good news. And I hope you do not feel hungry. I will keep in touch Karen
LBA
on 7/12/08 7:22 am
Hi again....I think I should go to a meeting again....we have them every other month.....I did go to a few a while ago but by the time everyone went around the table to tell their story, there wansn't much time left for Q&A....and I had so many questions....so I started using our local on-line support group. 100 grams of protein is a LOT....I was told 60 also so double check. It is so strange to have this restriction.....this morning, I had 2 small spoonfulls of cottage cheese...3 bites of cantaloupe and I was done....felt that pressure. I know now not to go further, or else. I had lunch with my Dad and I had 2 bites of chicken, 2 bites of potato salad and then about 6 cherries. So that is how it has been since last Thurs. I need to start drinking protein shakes to get more protein in. Now I am on my way to baby sit my Neice's 2 boys, ages 1 & 5.....and it is 93 here today......and I do not do heat well. Have a great weekend.....Lori
lkgrubb
on 7/21/08 3:33 am - Prescott, AZ
I am going for another fill on Wednesday 7/23, since I do not weigh myself it will be interesting to see how I have done. I also need to find restriction, I have managed to increase protein by having a Premier Protein Bar daily (from Costco at 30 grams/bar) and they are good. I still have problems disciplining myself to drink enough fluids. Will let you know what the situation is after Wednesday. Where do you live? Karen
dpbodin
on 9/11/08 12:21 am - Youngsville, LA
Can you tell me what's so important about the protein.  I heard I need to have lots of protein also, especially in the moring, but why is this?  thanks.
Kathy W.
on 7/31/08 2:55 am - Enfield, CT
RNY on 01/15/08 with
Hey guys, Jus****ed to tell you that this is common from what I have heard from other banders. You won't feel any restrictions and then after a fill BAM! you have it. You guys also loose slower than us RNY'ers. So don't compair yourselves to us. It will only get you down. Just think Lori, Those are about 25 pounds you will never see again. And now that you are eating like an RNY'er (I still don't eat much even at 6 months out) the weight loss will increase some. Good luck to you guys.
dpbodin
on 9/11/08 12:20 am - Youngsville, LA
How are you doing now in Sept?  I had my surgery in January also, and I still have only lost about 7 lbs.  I have had 3 fills.  I keep discussing my frustrations with the doctor, but not getting anywhere.  Any suggestions?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 650 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 783 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 896 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 900 views