WEIGHT LOSS SO FAR??? We're at 6 months

hatda
on 7/29/08 1:43 am - Northern (Sacramento area), CA
Hi January surgery folks, We are at our 6 month surgiversary. 1)What is your weight loss now? 2) What works for you and what doesn't? 3) What have you determined to be the most difficult part of this journey? 4) What do you enjoy since beginning the journey? For me - 1) I titter between 52-54lbs loss (I stall alot...and a slow loser..but I"m happy) 2) Don't think I"ve figured out what works yet...I'm still a work in progress. I know I dump on to many sweets, so I guess that doesn't work...as well as it works because it keeps me away from alot of things that are not good for me. 3) The most difficult part for me is the cravings for sweets and fighting the temptations. Also, accepting the new me and SEEING the new me becuase I still don't see what everyone else does. 4) What I enjoy most is that I LOVE exercising and look forward to doing it. I also enjoy fitting into smaller clothes and have OPTIONS now...lots of options. I also enjoy the way my husband tells me he's cheating on me with me...he says my body feels like a totally differnt body from 6 months ago. WHAT ABOUT YOU!!!!
Kathy W.
on 7/31/08 2:48 am - Enfield, CT
RNY on 01/15/08 with
1) I am down 126 BUT I was 346 on surgery day and 387 at my high. I was a HUGE girl. I can't even say big. 2) Lucky me has been sick for about 2 months out of the 6 (Shatzki's Ring and 2 strictures, now gall bladder surgery in a week and a half) so once I get to feeling better I feel like I am back to square one with eating. The only chicken I can eat is in soup (what I eat when the stricture is back) other than that no chicken for me. I used to live on it before surgery. Now I have to eat beef or pork. Never really liked beef before and now I love it. Good thing since I have to eat it. LOL 3) The strictures and only drinking water. I am allergic to sweetners so no Cristal Lite for me. I would almost kill for some lemonade at times, or a root beer since we have an A & W here in my town. FYI: Hay Day have you tried the 100 calorie packs of cup cakes. They are decent and under my personal dumping threash-hold. Or just one donut hole? I find when I am craving sweets if I have just a little bite I am fine. 4) SEX! Errr I mean ummm yeah sex. Fitting into smaller clothes is good too but shrinking out of them almost as soon as you buy them is not. I now have two pairs of jeans that fit. All the others are too big or just don't fit right anymore.
ToniLee
on 8/3/08 8:42 am
Hi guys, 1. I guess I am about 76 pounds down so far. I don't check the numbers as much as I used to. I still weigh myself alot at least everyday, sometimes twice a day. I still don't know if I know what works for me, as I feel I am a slow loser. I see what other people have done and think I'm slow. A friend told me I wasn't a slow loser, I was slow winner. 2. So I try to stay positive. I know the scale doesn't show how much I have lost but I can wear 14's and some 12 now, which seems weird since I think I still weigh a lot. 3. As far as difficulty, it seems to have been a fun ride so far, I would say keeping my carbs down is the most difficult I don't really crave things, I don't dump, or have foamies. I have been very very lucky and I know it and am thankful. I do bounce up and down a couple of pounds which is annoying. 4. I do enjoy working out and feel like a young healthy person again. I have been taking the kids to the beach the last several weekends and have had so much fun. I love life and am enjoying being healthy and doing things I used to do when I was kid. I bought boogie boards and have been riding the waves like a maniac. Something I never really taught my kids before since I would have never embarrassed them like that before. Now I don't care what people think. I think I am pretty much around 900 - 1000 calories a day, still use Unjury protien and take all my vitamins like a good girl try to log in on Fit Day. Keep meaning to call the Nut and ask questions but just never get around to it. I guess that's it for my 6 months. Vacation next month and scuba diving again, one of my goals. So excited
fairyluver
on 8/8/08 9:59 am
1) I'm down 109 pounds thus far. 2.) I haven't dumped on anything yet. I can basically eat whatever I want, just in VERY small quantities, and I always eat my protein first. 3.) My most difficult thing I'm dealing with is body dysmorphia. I still see myself as the same on most days whereas everyone else says I look like a different person. 4.) The best thing is the sex. Man, I thought my sex life was good before, but now I want to shout from the rooftop after every rendezvous.
ericson414
on 8/16/08 10:49 am - Harlingen, TX
1) Since the surgery I am down 107 pounds, since I started the journey back in October "07 I'm down 145 pounds. My highest weight was 437 pounds. 2) I can't really say that I have dumped. I have made my self throw up because something just didn't sit right on my new tummy. 3) My most difficult thing is getting in all my protein. My labs had me low again but just by a little. I do the protein shakes, not my most favorite thing, but I am getting use to them. I have been doctoring them up some and they are not so bad now. 4) The best thing is I'm more active. I have been walking more than I ever did. I even got down on the floor last night to play with my little nephew. That is one of the reasons for having the surgery, so I could play more with my niece's and nephew's.
Jamiee13
on 9/2/08 10:20 am - Henderson/Las Vegas , NV
I am down almost a hundred pounds start 273 and I am now 175.9! Loving my band
bukkykat
on 9/15/08 1:54 am - apex, NC

I am down 104lbs. I feel great...looking way better. gone from a 22-24 to a juniors 10-12...

exercising daily - active constantly!
Sex - definate improvement and amazing....and often.
Struggle with sugars - anything over 5-6 gr per serving - arfff! I get nausea if I have much fatty content so - needless to say I avoid fat and sugar. I still cannot eat rice....major gets stuck. I can eat half a piece of toast. with pb so I get some protein too.

I am finally not seeing the fat chick in the mirror - but I dont see what everyone else is either! My health is way improved. working with a trainer several days a week and swimming daily too. Just started a dance hip hop cardio class - lovin that I can move it.

I am not likeing clothes as much as I thought I would because they cost too much then are too big in 2 weeks. so I have been "baggy" alot.

much success to you all.
Faith

abar0190
on 9/18/08 12:22 am - IN
I had surgery 1/29/08.  So far I have lost 106 pounds.  Since I have been overweight all of my adult life, (I am 54) my skin is SAGGING.  I have always had large breasts (even as a teen and slim) so I still fill up a DD cup but again SAGGING.  I always had a strong sex drive but now feel too self conscious to get naked.  not a problem yet as I haven't been involved with anyone for over a year.  A couple of questions....how are you all dealing with the body image as far as sex goes?  When I see myself in the mirror at home I still see that fat woman but when I am shopping and walk past a full length mirror I am shocked that it is me.  I look GOOD!!!    The weight loss at first was very fast.  lately it has slowed down yet still consistent.  I want to lose about 35 more pounds.  When does the weight loss slow down to the point where it becomes difficult to lose anymore?  or does it?  I know when I hit a plateau for a few days or weeks, I go back to the chicken only or with a little brown rice and that gets me back on track.  Love reading all the posts.  it is great to know we are not in this alone.
mercuryinhell
on 9/21/08 11:18 am - Sharpsville, PA
I am down 116 from my heaviest, and 78 from surgery morning.  I can eat what I want, and have only thrown up one time, damn pizza and it's tempting deliciousness.  I am finding that I love not being the biggest guy anymore when I goto parties, or restaurants.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 783 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 898 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 902 views