How has your life changed now that you've lost weight?

Butterfly618
on 6/1/09 10:13 am - NJ
Just wondering if anything is different now that you've lost weight?

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

extremefaithinhim156

on 6/4/09 12:39 pm
My energy level is amazing.  I feel like I can do more.  I can wrestle w/my boys and not feel restricted.  I sleep more soundly.  I can cross my legs w/out them getting numb. LOL.

I feel better about myself.  I feel more confident and care free.

My cholesterol went down 80 points.
My meds have been reduced.  
I can now feel the muscles I am building.

I love it.  The best decision made this year.

:

Karen O.
on 6/5/09 12:06 pm - Erie, PA
LOTS!  I can keep up with my kids ... I exercise & like it!  I can tie my shoes w/out having my face turn red!  I cook all the time, compared to going to fast food restaraunts every day.  I LOVE shopping ... FOR ME, not just my kids anymore!  I could go on and on all day ... I am so happy I lost all this weight .... and to tell you the truth, I would NOT be sad if I didn't lose another pound, I am happy with the way I look & feel!
                                                       K a r e n
                    Lap RNY Gastric Bypass JANUARY 26, 2009

iisme
on 6/11/09 12:59 pm
I have noticed that when I am in the stores the clerks actually pay more attention to me. Now granted, I never thought I was  being ignored but now I realize I sort or was.
That part of it sucks that people have to be that way. But I love this new exciting chapter of my life!

10 pounds loss pre-op
msraoul
on 6/24/09 11:08 am - brooklyn, NY
I feel a lot more encouraged when i try on something and it doesnt fit, i dont have to fold the sides over to clip the hanger on.....All I do now is just put the hanger on and go for the next SMALLER size...yea!!!!!!!!!!!

start/current/goal

287/211/180

erin_akey
on 8/5/09 12:15 pm - AL
I think that being more confident makes me a better wife and mom.  I love having so much energy and feeling so good.  I love shopping and clothes are so much cheaper without having to go to the plus size stores!

I like the way my new muscles look and feel and the way my body is turning into a strong one. 

i like the liberation of not feeling controlled by food. 

SO much has changed, it would take me hours to write it all!
www.bariatricguru.com
Yes you CAN be a Bariatric Guru!
Tune in to FM TALK 106.5 Sundays from 12-1pm central for my show Fit LIving!  Listen live online at www.fmtalk1065.com .  We discuss life after weight loss surgery and living a healthy lifestyle!  Call in with questions for our expert guests!
"LIKE" us on Facebook- The Bariatric Guru

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 1/2 years
GoldFish · 1 replies · 869 views
Roll call!!
iisme · 0 replies · 793 views
gaining it back
wichita_loser · 6 replies · 1638 views
Feeling stuck...
EllenFan · 2 replies · 928 views
New goals?