Memory Loss??

Karen O.
on 6/30/09 11:38 am - Erie, PA
I was just wondering if anyone POST-OP has had any memory loss ... I have been forgetful lately and I just seem to be "spacey" ... I know with everything going on with the surgery, stressing over hairloss, etc. it is normal to forget some things here and there.  But this is sooooo not me.  I am the type of person that doesn't have to write down the date of an appointment for me or my 3 kids ... but now ... WOAH, watch out, if I don't ... ummm we don't make it to the appt. because I will forget!

I have been noticing me forgetting things & being confused sometimes (not really confused, but have to sit and really THINK about what I was just asked or where I put my keys or anything of that nature).  My husband noticed today & said "is it a side effect of the surgery that makes you forgetful?" ... I told him I have never heard of it, but will ask around.  

EXAMPLE:  My husband was running to his parents house, so I told him to pick up our sons Rx at the drugstore.  He left the drugstore, called me & said that I already picked them up on June 22.  I said NO WAY!  I don't remember picking them up with my Rx's I got that day ... I went to the kitchen and there they were ... filled & ready for my son.  WTF?  

I am getting scared ... I can deal with anything else but my mind going wacky!  HELP!  Is/did anyone going through this??  Should I call my PCP or surgeon ... I am a stay at home mommy, I can't have my brain foggy like this!
                                                       K a r e n
                    Lap RNY Gastric Bypass JANUARY 26, 2009

Michelle E.
on 7/10/10 1:55 pm
Hi, I am having the same problem. I dont remember anything without writing it down. I cant remember anything from the surgery either (ie being rolled in to surgery, counting down)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 1/2 years
GoldFish · 1 replies · 874 views
Roll call!!
iisme · 0 replies · 796 views
gaining it back
wichita_loser · 6 replies · 1642 views
Feeling stuck...
EllenFan · 2 replies · 931 views
New goals?
LastOptionAttorney · 1 replies · 854 views