Fellow January Bandsters

alabamakatie
on 7/19/09 1:27 pm
Hey :) I had surgery on Jan 23 (Realize Band) and I'm so pleased.  I started out at 250 and I am currently at 179! My biggest pants were a size 26 and I am now wearing 16's and even got my mom's 14's on over the weekend! As far as shirts, I was wearing 3x's and now Larges and sometimes XL depending on how the shirt is made. WOO HOO!!  

OK Fellow Bands... How are you doing??
missbhaven
on 7/27/09 2:40 am - Mckee, KY
GREAT JOB!!!! I had the lapband on Jan 9th. My starting weight was 240lbs. I'm currently at 217. NOt a huge improvement but It's going. I went from a size 24 to a 20 yeh!! Your doing great. I think I'm having some issues,I eat and I feel so sick, even when I don't eat my stomach really hurts,almost all the time. When I go in for the fills I see a NPA,I've only seen my surgeon twice,when I went in to pick the band out,and on surgery day. Do you see your surgeon?? Thanks,Missbhaven
alabamakatie
on 8/1/09 12:27 am, edited 8/1/09 12:28 am
 Hey Missbhaven! Thanks so much for the kind comments! I am so sorry that you are having a little bit of trouble, but don't forget to celebrate the accomplishments that you have made so far!! I see my doctor every single time I go in for an appt. I met with him several times before surgery and for my followups and every fill he does himself. He is very "proactive" on getting you to where you need to be on restriction so that you can loose the weight. He also though wants to make sure that you can eat so that you can loose the weight by eating healthy. It almost sounds like to me that you have too much restriction...that may sound weird I know, but can you eat "slider" foods but not chicken or other fill up healthy foods? I'd love to talk to you  more and for us to stay in contact to help each other out. I still have my struggles, like those darn m&m's that just melt away in my mouth and slide down ... :) Hope to hear from you soon! :) Katie
Genblosum08
on 7/30/09 2:23 am - Fleming Island, FL
I had the band put on Jan 7th.  I started out at 214 and now at 180.  You are doing awsome.  YOu should be so proud of yourself.  71 pounds!!!  I am jealous.  What have you been doing.  I thought I was doing well but damn.....not so much anymore!!!!

alabamakatie
on 8/1/09 12:31 am
 Hey, You are doing great too! I have found from reading on the post that some doctors are more "proactive" with fills to get you where you need to be faster than other doctors.  My doctor believes in filling you up :) so to speak b/c that is the whole point of this surgery which is to help you be successful in weight loss. I have a friend that has had the surgery (same day as I did) and her friend had it as well and few weeks later with another doctor in the state and he has hardly given her any fill at all. How many / or how much do you have? You just have to keep working at it and working with this "tool" and you will do great...don't give up! 
luvksu
on 12/15/09 11:33 am
I stated at 263 and am at 178. I love my band and am SO glad I did it! :)
Nancy - banded on 1/14/09

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 1/2 years
GoldFish · 1 replies · 874 views
Roll call!!
iisme · 0 replies · 795 views
gaining it back
wichita_loser · 6 replies · 1642 views
Feeling stuck...
EllenFan · 2 replies · 931 views
New goals?