pureed food stage

redfrog61
on 1/9/10 8:11 am
hi,i am 3 weeks post o[ and im on the pureed food stage. i eat oatmeal, pureed chicken salad, chili from wendy's.....what didn't work well was: scrambled eggs and  tuna salad pureed -they just would not stay down.  what else can i eat thats pureed?  any ideas would be helpful. thanks
mommypj
on 1/12/10 5:13 am
You might want to post this on the main board rather than the January 2009 board.. I think you might have meant to post on the January 2010 board?

try cottage cheese, yogurt, pretty much anything thick that you can get through a soda straw. come up with your own recipes, too that's always fun.  vegetables, or anything water based are good to puree with meats because it will help keep it moist. For me, food that was dry always gets stuck, even over a year out of my surgery, dry foods get stuck and I either have to make myself puke, or just wait it out with dumping syndrome or some severe pain in my chest and back, because the food is trying to ge tthrough my pouch.

If you have chocolate protien, puree that up with the oatmeal, it's really good. It's like a little dessert and you get the extra protein.

Good luck on your weight loss!

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100%"
--Arnold Schwarzenegger

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 1/2 years
GoldFish · 1 replies · 869 views
Roll call!!
iisme · 0 replies · 793 views
gaining it back
wichita_loser · 6 replies · 1638 views
Feeling stuck...
EllenFan · 2 replies · 928 views
New goals?