As we move into the new year...

Celia S.
on 12/13/10 11:46 am - Clarks Summit, PA
 Hello all my January Buddies!! One year ago I was nothing more than a fat couch potato! I was struggling to keep up with my children and was ashamed to get out the door. I still have some self-esteem issues, but no where near what they were before. My confidence is gradually coming back. People barely recognize me as I barely recognize myself. I cannot believe how different I look, but mostly how different I feel. I finally feel that my old self is finally coming back and I enjoy being seen with my friends and family for the first time in a long time. I weighed over 290 pounds and now I am weighing in at 141. I still have a few pounds to lose. I did reach my goal of wearing a size 8 which I thought I would never see. I could probably wear a smaller size, but the excess skin, or dough as I like to call it prevents that. I have considered somewhere down the line of having plastic surgery, but I am still unsure. 

As we enter the new year and our one year post-op anniversary,  I want to wish everyone the best. I want to thank all of you for taking this journey with me to become healthier people. There are not too many people who can understand where we come from, but I am so thankful to those who do. I want to spend the new year spreading the word that there are changes we can all make to become healthier and happier people. I want those struggling with obesity to be aware of the options they have open to them. It has been a crazy year, but I would never take back any of the choices I have made to get me here. I will also be spending the new year maintaining the gift my surgeon granted me. Here is to an even healthier and happier 2011 

Before

After

Celia

Rodnée Renée G.
on 12/20/10 9:49 am - Hoffman Estates, IL
 Congrats!!!! :o) You look fantastic!!!
Love the new color on you too :o)
I was 317lbs, And am currently 144lbs! 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
HW 317/ 175~GOAL REACHED 9.8.10/CW 136 ~*While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.*~  
Missy N.
on 12/21/10 2:05 am - Kalkaska
Celia- I have to totally agree with you. It has been such a struggle this year. All the "adjustments" you have to make.  I was 260lbs this time of year last year; I am now 133lbs!! Holy Cow!! I still have self esteem problems too (excess skin is the biggest). I still have a problem seeing me as skinny, yet every day someone is telling me how skinny I am. It has been one wirl wind of a year! I never thought that I would even get this low. I am going to have plastic surgery, at least on my stomach in January 2012. I can't wait!

I hope everyone else is doing well. I will get a current picture up soon. I would love to see how everyone else is doing one year out! Talk to eveyone soon!! Here is to the new us, and a new year!

Missy       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
HW 260 SW 249 (1/20/10)  CW 134
1st GW 150 (reached 8/29/10) 
2nd GW 135 (reached 12/1/10)
I really don't have another goal weight. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics