Recent Posts

Rodnée Renée G.
on 2/7/15 12:59 pm - Hoffman Estates, IL
Topic: RE: has any of my jan '10 buddies had plastic surgery yet?

No one has? :(

HW 317/ 175~GOAL REACHED 9.8.10/CW 136 ~*While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.*~  
Rodnée Renée G.
on 3/14/14 7:25 am - Hoffman Estates, IL
Topic: has any of my jan '10 buddies had plastic surgery yet?

Hi!! Just curious if anyone has had plastic surgery yet? i am just starting to look. Share your experience here. Any information will be helpful thanks!!!!

HW 317/ 175~GOAL REACHED 9.8.10/CW 136 ~*While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.*~  
gweisbrot
on 1/28/14 10:46 pm - Edison, NJ
Topic: 4 years out

Four years ago my life changed.  I decided to make a choice to live or to die.  Thanks to the help of Dr. Andrei and his staff I am alive and kicking.  Life is good.  I can play with my grandchildren, crawling on the floor is a breeze. Four years ago I couldn't even sit on the floor.  This year I gained about 7 pounds.  Not happy but I seem to be able to eat anything and too much of of it.  I weigh myself every day and gave myself 5 lbs play.  I have to work hard at it every single day.  Anyone who thinks this is an easy way to live is sorely mistaken.  I love that I did this and would recommend it to anyone *****ally wants to change their life. I have gained a new faith in G-d and in myself.  

I wish I had done this sooner.  But the old saying goes, "Better late than never!!"  I am 61 years old and have never been healthier or happier.  No more diabetes, high cholesterol, or high blood pressure!! Yeah!!!!  Doing this was not just a way to loose weight but more importantly it helped me find out who I am.  I am a strong, confident and very happy woman.

Once again, thank you Dr. Andrei for helping me put my life on track!!

Sparklegigi
on 10/7/13 7:42 am - La Verne, CA
Topic: RE: 3 years out, and feel LOST

HI Sarah and yes, I felt like you and have more of a gain, mine is 50lbs.  I attended the OH event this past weekend and it was more than a shot in the arm for me!  I received such great insight that I actually had two aha moments.  I wont share them unless you ask because they might not be what you need to hear, I can only give you my advice. 

Read anything you can find from Dr. Arya Sharma, at the conference he made the most sense.  He is not even a bariatric doc, but he spoke volumes to us all.

Decide if your lowest weight is your right weight for you.  If it is, fight like hell to get them off, but give yourself time to do it the right way.  Look up articles about your set point weight, your weight/body could be fighting you to get to where it feels comfortable.  Not good or the right weight for us but I can tell you that is exactly where I am right now.

If you have access to any type of support group, I would advise it.  If you have to start one yourself, I would advise it, that is what I have decided to do.  I can encourage the newbies and help those who are struggling at the same time. 

take care,

Nita

Tinkers107
on 8/15/13 7:01 am - Dyer, IN

You guys are not alone. I too have gained about 35 lbs. I need a boost or a kick in the ass! I dont want to go back to the way I was before. Carbs and sugar are my downfall! I need to get my protein in like I used to and no drinking during meals. 

Erika

Example 1

Tinkers107
on 8/15/13 6:58 am - Dyer, IN
Topic: RE: 3 years out, oh how the tides have changed!

Please don't feel like you are alone. I am up 35 lbs. My clothes that originally bought when I lost don't fit anymore. I have to get on track again. 

Erika

Example 1

Dymone
on 8/4/13 1:25 pm - Everman, TX

Hey Sarah122080,

You are not alone in feeling lost. Although I have lost over 200 lbs, it's like I'm at a stand still, and it is so irritating. I know my pouch still works cause I get sick whenever I eat the wrong foods, or if I eat or drink that one sip or bite too many. I need a boost also, so if you find a good one..let me know.

Take Care,

Dymone

sarah122080
on 2/4/13 12:42 am - malden, MA
sarah122080
on 2/4/13 12:42 am - malden, MA
Topic: 3 years out, and feel LOST

Hey everyone, its been a while since I've posted.  I had my 3 year surgiversary in January.  I have gained over the past 18 months 15 lbs from my lowest weight after my RNY.  I need a boost, I just ordered the 5 day pouch info kit.  Anyone feel like me??

Shelly C.
on 1/20/13 5:27 am - Alameda, CA
Topic: RE: 3 years out, oh how the tides have changed!

Good luck, I have my 3 year post op visit at the end of the month, I am toggling 5-8 lbs. I tried the pouch test but didn't lose weight, so I assume exercise is going to really jumpstart me again. I also had a lot of the plastics done about 5 months ago. I do not want to slide backwards.

Extended Tummy Tuck w lipo/Muscle Repair // BL/Aug // Arm Lift Aug 2012
Most Active
Recent Topics