I don't think I'm progressing like others

nola_girl
on 2/2/11 11:50 am - New Orleans, LA
I had my RNY on 1/12/11. I've only lost about 18-20 lbs..... depending on the day...... I have not lost 1lb in at least a week. The first 2 weeks the lbs flew off,  but now nothing.... I'm on the "mushy food stage" I only eat a couple of small red potatoes, yogurt, or oatmeal. I am drinking protein shakes, (45 g) and I'm taking in about 40 oz of fluid.
ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME- PLEASE HELP

skabets112
on 2/2/11 4:28 pm
I've lost 23.5 lbs since surgery. 10 of my lbs lost on my ticker was from my pre-op diet I think you're right on track.

I had a stall last week, I had only lost .5 lbs. I was devastated! It'll come off :hugs:

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13

terilynn112
on 2/2/11 8:02 pm - maryland, NY
I stay completely away from carbs. Potatoes... you don't need em. Just my opinion... but I know me, I'm a carb addict... and I'd eat them day and night, if I allow them back in my life.

My days are...

Breakfast... oatmeal 2 oz

Lunch....... one egg, with some fat free cheese

Dinner..... chicken in tomatoes, pureed for several minutes.

LNS (late night snack) either a cup of pudding with protein powder or a fudge pop (sf).

I am also drinking decaf coffee with protein powder- twice a day. I'm getting my 64 ounces of water and 64 grams of protein.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

terilynn112
on 2/2/11 8:03 pm - maryland, NY
OH and i'm in a stall currently... My last loss was friday last week... almost a week, and no loss. My clothes are definitely changing how they fit... so I know that things are changing.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

southernlady5464
on 2/3/11 12:49 am
Don't compare yourself with others, and actually only weigh yourself once or twice a week at most. If you can, toss the scall out the window and wait til you see the doctor to weigh.

Don't worry about the scale!

Did you measure yourself pre-op? If so, measure yourself once a month POST-op and see how that measures up.

I did my waist the other day after I was sure the swelling had gone down, pre-op was 45 inches, now it's 41. BIG difference. And I've only lost 12 lbs.

Also the lower your BMI to start, the slower IT LOOKS like you lose.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

nola_girl
on 2/3/11 7:50 am - New Orleans, LA

Thanks for the tips everyone.
My Dr. does not have eggs on my schedule til next week, and I think chicken is not for another week after that. So although I know a red potato is not the #1 choice, it's my #1 of the options I have been given by my dietician.
Along with clear & full liquids the only other items that I was told I could add to my diet right now are oatmeal, red potatoesand bananas. When week 4 starts (Sat for me) i can add lite fruit, no sugar added, soft cooked eggs, not even  scrambled! and well cooked vegggies, week 5 is when I can add scrambled eggs and a few other things and week 6 I can add lean ground meats, turkey and I believe thats when i can add chicken and tyna.
So thats why i'm doing a few potatoes.
Again, thanks for all the advice!

southernlady5464
on 2/3/11 7:55 am
He has POTATOES ON NOW and eggs aren't on there til next week???? That makes no sense whatsoever. And if I couldn't eat scrambled I'd be SOL as I'm allergic to the real thing. I have to eat egg beaters and the ONLY way you can make those are scambled. LOL.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

nola_girl
on 2/3/11 11:29 am - New Orleans, LA
that's what I thought, but He's suppose to be one of the best. ( he teaches other Dr.'s how to do the surgery) So I'm following his dietitian's advice...... I'd die if I were allergic to eggs! that's one of my favorite things to eat...... well it WAS one of my favorites, we'll see how I feel about them after  Saturday! LOL

southernlady5464
on 2/3/11 2:48 pm
I just read your blog and one thing that stuck me was how little protein you are getting. The recommendations around here are a minimum of 90 grams a day.

Oh, and come join us on the lightweight board, link is in my signature. We are a mixture of all surgery types but at the lower end of the BMI scale (under 45 typically, most between 35-42).

It's my primary home here at OH.

Liz

nola_girl
on 2/4/11 7:54 am - New Orleans, LA
Well my protein increases weekly by 10 grams. I like this method because it helps me ease into the protein stuff. Once I am at 8 weeks post op they want me to take in at least 80g per day but suggest 80-110g a day.

Most Active
Recent Topics
18 Months
theresad33 · 4 replies · 1136 views