Excited

wild4mymp
on 6/25/11 1:48 am - Fort Drum, NY
OMG I am so excited to find this message board.  Still figuring out all the things OH has to offer.   My surgery was Jan31st, And jsut when I thought I had things figured out I find myslef full of questions, all over again. 

My hair has begun falling out.  Any one else dealing with this?

And I had a gall bladder attack last weekend and now have to have my gall bladder removed.  Have no idea what to expect from that.

Donna

terilynn112
on 6/26/11 11:27 pm - maryland, NY
A fellow NY'er... upstate at that ( I am too). Yes my hair is falling out, but if you feel my scalp, you can feel new hair growing in. Yippee. I just kept bumping up my protein (I have had extreme issues with protein).

I had a second surgery 6 weeks after the RNY, but not related. It kicked my bottom... and took me longer to recover from. I also got an infection in one of the incisions. But that's my luck. So be prepared for potentially a longer recovery. I had extreme nausea recovering from that second surgery. If you do, ask for meds to help with that.

I check here at least once weekly, am on the rny board most days.

Hope your week is better.

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Michelle_2975
on 8/18/11 3:35 pm - Canada
Hi DOnna,

My hair is falling out very badly. All I have by my temples is new growth. BUT, I would rather be bald and wear wigs than be fat and unhealthy. I was told that it should slow down at the latest at about 1 year out. I sure hope so
Most Active
Recent Topics
18 Months
theresad33 · 4 replies · 1135 views