pre-op Diets

pineview01
on 1/5/13 1:47 am - Davison, MI

I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we could all share our pre-op diet.  The differences will be interesting.

Things you might include; length, type, if liquid what is meant by liquid for your?.  Do you use a commercial shake?  When you say clear liquids does it mean clear as in see thru or clear as in no stuff in it.

I am on a two week liquid diet.  It is 5 BetterMD (wonderslim) shakes a day.  I am allowed some veggies to crunch on this time, I wasn't when banded.  I also can have CL and diet splash and some other SF clear drinks.  Mine means clear as in no stuff in it as shakes made with milk aren't see thru.  The day before I can only have a fruit drink shake made with water.  No milk or veggies.  Nothing after Midnight.

I start on the 7th.  This will be the second time for me.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Tammy S.
on 1/6/13 12:06 am - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 01/14/13

I started my clear liquid diet on 12/31! Today is the halfway mark, I'm scheduled for surgery 1/14! my plan allows for clear liquids & protein shakes, I've been using the premier shakes from Costco. They have been my saving grace, so far it hasn't been to hard but tv commercials can really mess with your head. 

5'2, HW 297, SW 274, CW 124, GW 137 (goal reached 2/17/14)  

pineview01
on 1/6/13 1:52 am - Davison, MI

I wish I could use Premier shakes.  They are the best that I've found.  Unfortunately I have to buy theirs or no surgery.  I know how hard those tv commercials can be.  I have a kindle fire ordered.  I was hoping to have it so my daughter could help me load stuff to avoid the TV as much as possible while I'm on the diet.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

thinlizzie12
on 1/6/13 12:44 am - KS
DS on 01/24/13

Mine is a 10 day diet...consists of low sugar, low calorie diet. I can have fruit, milk, soy, yogurt, ham, turkey, chicken and my protein drinks. SF gelatin, SF popsicles, broth, dill pickles, plain celery,broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber and radishes. Also can have diet drinks...not bad...better than the clear liquid diet I had w my band back in 2007. I start on the 14th so I still have 8 more days. Good luck to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pineview01
on 1/6/13 1:58 am - Davison, MI

WOW!  I want your diet.  The only difference between now and when I got the band is, they added 2 cups raw celery, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber and radishes.  That is better than nothing.  I can have the SF gelatin, SF popsicles, too but, I could have them with the band too along with a limited list of SF drinks.  Tomorrow is D-day for me.

Tammy S.
on 1/6/13 2:07 am - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 01/14/13

Good luck to us all! I ordered Netflix, tons of shows & movies without those dreaded commercials! 

5'2, HW 297, SW 274, CW 124, GW 137 (goal reached 2/17/14)  

Rayah19
on 1/6/13 3:27 am - HI
RNY on 01/15/13

I officially start my 7 day pre-op diet tomorrow however, I wanted to start today just to see how it would be at work. I only work half day today so I figured that if I could handle a half day then I will be able to handle a full day the rest of the week. My diet consists of 2 bariatric advantage meal replacement shakes per day and I can choose which meals I want to replace and then for the  third meal, I can have salad with my choice of lean protein. No soda, no coffee, no greasy food, or sugar. I had my first shake this morning and the smell is just awful. I almost couldn't fini**** I'm hoping my nose and stomach will get use to to it soon, 

pineview01
on 1/7/13 4:11 am - Davison, MI

I started mine today for 2 weeks.  How is yours going?  One of the tips I got last time was to use a sippy type bottle to drink your shakes.  That way you don't have to smell them and they are easier to get down.devil

Rayah19
on 1/7/13 12:59 pm - HI
RNY on 01/15/13

I put it in my coffee mug that had a small hole, would that be the same? i'm not sure. i guess i just have to MAN UP. lol.

pineview01
on 1/8/13 2:33 am - Davison, MI

That should help!  The object is to not smell it if it upsets you.  I'm lucky my shakes smell great.  Better than they taste but, they don't taste bad.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Missing you all
pineview01 · 0 replies · 546 views
Jan 30th
Nmcmurray · 3 replies · 553 views
sURGERY IN 3 DAYS!!
Newtowngirl66 · 1 replies · 596 views