i need some advice

Cristy R.
on 10/12/04 11:21 am - Hamilton, Oh
i had surgery 2/2003 ive lost 140 lbs (i got pregnant within 2 months of surgery, I know such a no no but soooo much worth it for me). My problem is my husband is severly obese but he is to scared to have surgery. I really dont know what to do to help him lose weight. I know it is his decision completely i dont want to push him but if i could have him see that other people are scared as well maybe he would think about it more. He really wants to have surgery but he is too scared at this point. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
Jacqueline S.
on 11/16/04 12:19 am - Archer, FL
Hi Cristy, I had surgery 2/2003 also and I was scared up until the day of the surgery. Although I was scared, I knew that it was a strong possibility of me being healthier. Once my Pastor and his wife came into the room just minutes before surgery and prayed for me, I knew that everything would be ok and I wasn't afraid anymore. Maybe if you explain to him how much healthier he would be and how much longer he would live, he may reconsider.
Laura C.
on 1/7/05 8:19 am - Rippon, WV
Hi Cristy! This is Laura. I also had surgery in February 2003. My new birthday on Feb. 27, 2003. I would do it all over in a heartbeat. It really made it worth the world when my 7 year old daughter told all her friends that she had a skinny mommy now and that I am able to play with her. I also am able to play baseball and football with my 11 year old son. My sister also had the surgery in August 2002. We both now weigh the same. I am very thankful that the good Lord above also saw me through it. The good far outweighs the bad. I still have bad days but those are becoming less and less. I now know how to better deal with them. I have a great network of post-op friends who I can seek advice. If I can answer any questions, email me.
beverly U.
on 2/25/05 12:28 am - Wilton, ca
I was so scared I was going to cancel as I layed there getting my preops done.......I was afraid I wouldn't make it through the surgery due to my horrible health. I have never been sorry in 2 years now, I am so healthy now and able to do everything that I couldn't do in the past...... he should go for it
Most Active