Recent Posts

Judith Poffenbarger
on 2/26/13 11:16 am - Green Valley, AZ
Topic: RE: Losing slowly

I AM NOW 73 YEARS OLD  AND HAVE GAINED BACK ABOUT 30 POUNDS.  STILL VERY GLAD I HAD  THE SURGERY.  NO MORE DIABETES, LESS BP  MED  AND  I AM  WAY MORE MOBILE AND ACTIVE THAN I WAS BEFORE.  I EAT CARBS SO I DON'T LOSE BUT  I FEEL GREAT AND HAVE MORE CONFIDENCE.  WE LIVE IN AZ  NOW AND  MISS OUR GREAT SUPPORT GROUP  IN CONCORD. I AM GOING TO FIND ONE IN TUCSON HOPEFULLY.  XXOO  JUDY  [email protected]

Evia
on 6/12/09 5:05 pm
Topic: RE: I missed my Anniversary!
I dont know if you ever check this but I have to ask couse honestly you look great did you need to get any work and if so do you have anyone you would recomend??
Dena M.
on 11/8/07 5:38 am - Milwaukee, WI
Topic: RE: Not doing so well
I can relate. I have gained 40 of the 75lbs I lost in a two year time period. I had the Laporscopic VBG in 2003. I'm scheduled for an outpatient procedure next week to have my band tightened. Since I've been able to eat just about anything, I also have to "relearn" how to eat. Don't give up hope. Talk to your doctor before you gain too much back. Keep the faith! [email protected]
K S.
on 2/28/07 12:25 pm - Concord, NC
Topic: RE: 3 Year Anniversary already...WOW
I understand totally I am in the same boat. Starting to gain a few pounds, having vitamin issues and feel like I did before surgery. Just dragging! I too could use the support!
littleDimples
on 2/23/07 1:13 am - Powhatan, VA
Topic: Ive lost more than I weigh
Hi everyone Happy Anniversary to best of the best of losers. I have lost a total of 147lbs, and know I weigh 135. I have reached my goal...yeahhhhh
ANewSharon
on 2/17/06 2:57 am - Redmond, WA
Topic: 3 Year Anniversary already...WOW
Okay, this is a big step. I've really stepped too far away from the post-op community, and I've had NO contact with other patients and support for a year and a half. I'm not taking good care of myself and I'm noticing it. I think I've even gained a few pounds, as some of my clothing is tight. I'm making a concerted effort to get back on track and begin using my tool again and for a the past week I've done very well (okay, except for drinking enough water) but I really would like to get back involved with my gastric bypass community again. Please email and say hello! Sharon
hooterzgirl75
on 2/12/06 5:26 pm - Bloomington, IL
Topic: I missed my Anniversary!
It was my Sister in Laws 40th b-day and she got engaged! I was so excited I missed my anniversary. Oh well... a day late but I am here and my pics have been updated! Check em out. Happy anniversary to all of you!
JRinAZ
on 10/2/05 6:46 am - Layton, UT
Topic: RE: I am half the man I used to be
Congratulations Calvin! I didn't know this surgery date "message board" even existed. I rarely get on OH anymore! In fact, I need to figure out how to change my picture! I've lsot 143 lbs since that picture!!!! .......I miss the communciation we used to have between surgery buddies! .....Hope this finds you healthy and still loving life! Joyce in Phoenix!
Dyuanna P.
on 9/8/05 3:01 am - Bedford, OH
Topic: 2 Years and Life Is WONDERFUL!
Hello all. I am 2 plus years post-op and I would do it all again. I've lost about 140 pounds and tons of inches and life is much improved. I went from a size 24 to a size 6/8 and haven't had plastic surgery. Although, I could use some on my tummy to make it PERFECT, but I've learned that NOTHING is perfect!! Hope all of you are progressing just fine.
Craig M.
on 6/16/05 5:44 am - Maple Valley, WA
Topic: Screen used to repair after dehist (wound opening) of bypass incision.
I would like to know if anyone has had a similar experience. When the stapes used to close my bypass incision were removed and the surgeon helped me to a sitting position the entire wound opened. I was rushed back to surgery and to hold the wound together a screen similar to that used in hernia surgery was used. Now there is a spot mid point in the incision scar where a strand of the screen is continually emerging as if it is being pushed out. It is one strand only and it breaks off very easily but continues to work its way out. Has anyone out there had such an experience or heard of anyone else. I did go back to the surgeon once but of course at that time there was no strand for him to see or feel. I am sure I will go back again but wanted to check here first to see if I got any response.
Most Active