Whatz a Girl to Do?

Foxyrikki
on 12/27/06 10:08 am - Woodlawn, MD
Hi all. I haven't been on for quite some time. I guess I've just been to ashamed. I have been such a bad girl and need to figure out what to do to get back on the band wagon. I've been considering a revision or maybe just finding a way to get back to eating right. I have gained 40 pounds in the last year since I've been gone. I need to do something though. I'm back on meds and hating it. Hoping I can get some good advice from my old friends here. I am ready to crack down, but this past year I have gone wild. Anyone know anything about revisions or a nutritionist or diet to restart my weight loss. Unfortunately, I can eat practically anything and I feel like a real failure on this journey. HELP!!!! Hope all are doing well. When I get a chance I will post my new photos. Yes I have gone from a 36 to a 22, but I need some extra support or push. HELP!!
Playannette
on 12/28/06 5:16 am - Blackwood, NJ
Don't ever be ashamed. You have come so far. You can do this. I have been struggling too. This is what I do when I find the pounds creeping back on, First I go back to the original pouch rules, which are chew, chew, chew, now a days we don't think about enjoying our food old habits are creeping back like swallowing things whole. I also serve myself in a smaller plate. Write everything down and weigh yourself once a week on the same day. I also gave myself smaller goals to meet such as 10% of my current weight it is not that overwhelming once I meet that goal I calculate 10% more. Remember protein shakes and bars. After I drink something I wait 15 minutes to eat and after I eat I wait 20 to drink. I have seen some people I know eating and drinking at the same time. And don't cut tha****er out, keep intaking your fluids. Take your vitamins and exercise. I am sure others will add to this because as you know the people who post here are wonderful people that care and I am glad to be able to be a part of this forum. Keep your head up high because going from a size 36 to a size 22 is fabulous! Stay proud. You are doing a wonderful job. Annette
Foxyrikki
on 12/28/06 6:31 am - Woodlawn, MD
Thanks for the encouragement Annette. I do intend to get back to basics today. I had been one of those folkes who sip alittle while eating. I use to enjoy the protein bars but finances had gotten slim for me to purchase the protein drinks and bars. Thanks be to God, things have gotten better. I will be buying the Designer Whey protein drink tomorrow and will be picking up some of the protein bars. I am eating better today. I will be taking it one day at a time. I did not have this wonderful tool in order to mess it up. Yes, you are right. Going from a 36 to a 22 is good, but I was down to a 18. I am aiming for that again. Maybe we can keep each other encouraged. You look pretty good yourself.
teachercreature
on 12/28/06 12:26 pm - Baltimore, MD
Hi Foxy -- I am an anniversary buddy here and have the same surgeon. For me, I had to join Weigh****cher last March in order to stay accountable and in a good eating program. I have continued to loose this year. As hard as it has been, I have lost about 30 lbs. I am still working very hard -- well not right at this moment --- to loose another 20 lbs. It is difficult -- but I find that the core program along with counting points seems to help me. I also have to work hard at the gym to get the results I want. If I can be of any support drop me a line. What about meeting me at support group next month. The support group helps me to keep honest with myself. When was the last time you have seen Dr. Roe? Keep me posted. Lets encourage each other to a great year of healthier living. Debra
teddybearlve
on 1/1/07 11:08 pm - Az
Hi, You came to the right place for help, I too have come here for advise and the people here are great. Yes you should be very proud of yourself and what you have lost. I also gained a few pounds back, but nobody notices in my family but I know the few pounds have arrived. I also went back to basics, I started replaceing one meal a day with protien drink and when I feel a need to nibble I drink water or Tea with sweet-N- Low or have a youghurt. I felt the weight coming off again and gained confidence. Keep positive and relax, it will happen Best of Luck! Jill
Most Active