What am I doing wrong!?!

keal19
on 2/11/07 10:34 pm - Clarion, PA
Revision on 08/12/13
Hello to all of my fellow February 2004 friends! Congrats on our 3 year anniversaries! I'm just over three years post op and am finding myself in a bit of a dilemma. I am the first to admit that when it comes to the 'exercise, water, protein, supplements' I fall off the exercise wagon harshly every fall, until January. Then I jump back into an exercise routine. The water, supplements and protein have never been an issue for me. Here's my dilemma: since my last doctor's appointment (which was August) I have gained about 18 pounds, which is gravely concerning. However, what's more concerning to me is that since the first of the year, I have been exercising 5-6 days a week, sometimes as much as 3 times a day (about 45 minutes each time) and the scale hasn't budged! For about the last month, I've been really monitoring my protein intake and minimizing any non-protein foods (the occasional bite of rice or some veggies). What on earth is going on? I was supposed to go back to see my surgeon on the 20th, but she had to re-schedule, so I'm not going to see her until March. The exercise routine is getting hard to stay motivated to when I'm seeing minimal results. My body is getting 'tighter' and I feel better, but the scale is not showing any help. To add to the above issues, I'm having some concerns about 'night sweats' I've been having, I have had them occasionally over the past 6-8 months, but in the past few weeks, I've had them 4-5 times a week. I've also been having migraines over the past few months, I believe they're related to my monthly friend. Pre-surgery, I had migraines, although not with great regularity, but a few times a year that were just awful, but since surgery, I hadn't had any for over 2 years. I have an appointment to see my gynecologist tomorrow, and will definitely mention the night sweats and migraines. I'm so confused! ANyone have any ideas for me to try? I'm really at a loss here! Michelle
Most Active