:shrug: Gained half back,what to do?

A B.
on 12/10/07 7:12 am - Abilene, TX
RNY Feb.2004,here in Abilene,Tx.. Lost 98 pounds from 399,then on year 2 started to ignore the pouch rules, eating all the time and pushing the limits on how much to put into my pouch. I have gained and my physical health is suffering ,not to mention feeling like a failure. I need prayer and support. Wonder if the start over program would work for me since 3 yrs out? New to posting please dont blast me for "not doing it right" rubyab
NickE
on 12/23/07 8:16 am - Capital District, NY
Rubyab- Just like any other addiction, this is one that is very hard to break; the only thing you can do is to try to "start over again" and work the 'tool' that we still have, even though we won't get the same results we once had. Remember that the pouch is still there, even if it might not be as small as it once was. Starting over is possible at any point in time, it's just a matter of taking longer to see some of the results; unless you honeslty and truly have stretched the pouch, which is highly unlikely... If that was the case, there are a few procedures mentioned such as stomaphyx that may or may not help, but (unfortunately) which may not be covered by any insurance. Start over again, don't beat yourself up over past failures, because most of us have the same problem from time to time. Hang in there and a happy holiday season - sorry it took so long to get back to you; there's been so little activity here I haven't checked back very often. ...Nick
A B.
on 12/23/07 5:08 pm - Abilene, TX
Nick , Thank you for your support and advice. It was so kind of you to take time from your busy day My question is about a procedure you refered to as "Stomphyx ." Where can I find more information on this procedure. Iam afraid I have streched my Pouch to its original size,since I can consume very large amounts of food without negative consequences. Starting over will be hard,yet I'am willing to do it again. Thank you, A Boyd
NickE
on 12/24/07 1:46 am - Capital District, NY
Not everyone "dumps" from overeating and some people don't even end up feeling any pain... I think the first thing to find out if you are having any excess capacity issues would be to revisit your original gastric bypass surgeon and talk to him/her. More and more practitioners are starting "back on track" type programs to help get patients re-started... and some do "tests" such as either using a quick endoscope or using the 'cottage cheese' test to see how much you can eat in a short period of time. You can find out more information about stomaphyx at www (dot) stomaphyx (dot) com - I don't think we're supposed to put website links up, so I spelled it out. If I remember right I think there's a doctor in Long Island Dr Shawn Garber that does it, beyond that, you may need to check the above website and go under "find a physician". Best of luck to you & happy holidays - ...Nick
Most Active