Help...please, I need to find a doctor and support in ocean county NJ, I am completly out of...

trudy G.
on 2/4/08 6:50 am - brick, NJ
Its been so long since I've been on this website I don't even know where to begin. I hade my surgery 3 1/2 years ago and I am almost back to the weight before my surgery. I dont blame anything or anyone but me for where I am, but I am so consumed with what i've done I dont know where to start. My doctor and I have both moved very far away from each other. I tried to find doctors closer to me, most would not even see me because they did not perform the surgery. When I did find a doctor, he takes no insurance FOR ANYTHING. I know some things are not covered but I cant afford it ALL. I have Empire Blue Cross insurance. I dont have the strength to pursue all the phone calls and hours of research to find someone in my area or find out that there is no one-but I need someone and more than anything a support group. As I type this the tears are rolling down my face and i am filled with shame. My eating is completely out of control. The comfort eating is in full swing and I have to do something but i feel very out of control. The last time I went for a fill my doctor could see that I was forcing food and stretching my esophagus. If there is anyone in the Ocean County area of New Jersey, I live in Brick, Please respond to this post or email me at [email protected] with any info on doctors or support groups in my area. thanks-Trudy
Playannette
on 4/8/08 2:56 am - Blackwood, NJ
I understand your frustration, I live 5 hours away from my doctor, he is in Kane PA. Just as you went online to this site post on the local forum to find a local doctor and ask people to post any recommendations, this site is a great resource. I hope you find the help that you need.
Blueberry250
on 4/30/12 4:11 am
Hi Trudy,

I know you posted this a while ago but in case you ever look back at this, I found my doctors through Healthgrades (www.healthgrades.com/find-a-doctor) because you can search by area and it is easy to use.  You might find some that are covered in your plan and maybe some that will point you in the right direction.

Good luck!
Most Active