After all this time--I can't eat meat!

keal19
on 7/17/13 12:05 am - Clarion, PA
Revision on 08/12/13

Hello anniversary friends!  I hope that many of you have had better success than I have since February 2009.   Despite gaining back much of my weight, I have absolutely no regrets about my surgery, as crazy as that sounds.  

Lately, I have been having a different problem.  For several weeks, I was not feeling well after eating.  It took me several weeks, but I finally realized that if I had a meal with meat, any meat, I didn't feel well.  I  tried it all, beef, chicken, turkey, seafood, pork and all with the same result.  So I avoided meat as much as possible and realized I needed to do something about it.  I called my surgeon's office, who got me scheduled for an appointment in a week's time (not sure if that was luck or if that was a need to see me quickly).   So, I saw my surgeon last week who put me on prilosec, as she believed I might be having issues with GERD, she told me to avoid any caffeine, citrus or acidic foods and she ordered me to have an EGD (endoscopy)  to see if there was any narrowing or problems with my pouch.  I had the EGD on Monday and there was nothing.  No ulceration, restrictions, narrowing or obstructions.  He was stumped.  He plans on talking with my surgeon so I am waiting to hear from either of them for my next step.  I haven't even tried any meat since last Friday, as the little bit of meat I did try didn't go well at all.  I will post more when I have more information, but wanted to share that the EGD showed nothing.  I also had lots of blood drawn on Monday, so we will see what those show.

It's very, very frustrating.  I was wondering if anyone else had anything similar happen.

Michelle

Most Active