3 YEAR ANNIVERSAY

aleezapink
on 2/7/08 12:47 am - tampa, FL
Hi Everyone: I don't post often but wanted to say hi and give an update on my anniversary. It gave me a lot of hope to see people with years when I first started out. I know for me after 3 years a lot of the time it just seems like I do what I do and that's the way life is. I tend to discount the vigilance it takes to keep the weight off. I know this is not something to take for granted. Since last year the weight has been steady so I've been maintaining a 173 to 175 pound weight loss this year. The scale fluctuates those same 2 pounds up and down with no real change in food or activity. It's weird not to have these lofty goals to loose more. I feel like there is something wrong because all my life, my life revolved around loosing weight and gaining weight, so steady as she goes is this new thing to wrap my head around. The average size in my closet is a size 10. That's a huge change from the 30/32's 3 years ago. This year, I actually started to wear sleeveless and not worry so much about the hanging skin. Never thought I would do this. I truly am grateful for my band and the rest of the support and tools I have to help me learn how to live in this new body. For me it is taking longer than I would like to adjust, my mind and maneuver in the world and knowing who I truly am. I spent 40 years with my entire focus of my life being weight that I never found out who I am without that as being my identity. I can't wait to keep unlocking the potential I yet to see. I don't know if anyone else can relate to this, I suspect I can't be the only one. Anyone wishing to share their experience, strength and hope regarding getting to know yourself without weight being the focus would be appreciated. Thanks, Deborah L. 2/7/05 332/157-159/166 (starting/current/goal) bmi 52/24/26 (starting/current/goal) Fills: VG BAND: 1st Fill 4.4 cc's on 4/15/05, 2nd Fill 11/14/05 5.0cc's, unfill to 4.6cc 12/20/05, fill 2/6/06 4.8cc's,l 5/8/06 6.5cc
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still around?
Robin D. · 2 replies · 692 views
checking in
markys mama · 2 replies · 800 views