3 years today

cajungirl
on 2/20/08 7:25 pm
Has it really been 3 years? Wow, I cannot believe today is my surgiversary......where has the past 3 years gone? Well I know, I am living my friends.......enjoying life, feeling great and loving myself. Never in my life did I except WLS to do what it's done for me........my goal to not have high blood pressure, diabetes, GERD and high cholesterol........have overall been achieved, 75% of these co-morbidities are in remission, I do have some cholesterol issues still but they aren't significant and my PCP and surgeon were not concerned because the good/bad ratio are very acceptable. I am healthy, hooray! I no longer sit and watch, I participate in life.....what a dream come true. From 260.5 lbs to 124.8 lbs, what can I say.....I surpassed my dream; I'm below goal and looking forward to the future. In just a couple of weeks it'll be one year from my plastics (wow already).......it has taken quiet some time to see myself as others have and yes the head games still try to trick me but when I see myself in pictures I'm amazed. I do see myself has thin, healthy and the glow of happiness because I truly am happy. Life is grand......the journey continues. I'll always have to be aware of myself and pull in those reigns when I start sliding, but I firmly believe that if I can stay proactive, stay aware and do what I've done for 3 years then I can stay where I am.....do I anticipate some struggles absolutely, the past 3 years have had some struggles. But I'm hardheaded and determined, lol......I won't fail, it isn't an option.......I will fight the good fight forever, I will win. Things I believe will keep me on track: follow the pouch rules weigh myself everyday use fitday faithfully continue to find that exercise routine that inspires me to keep going. Exercise has been my downfall and thankfully so far I've been able to do this without a total commitment. Is it the right thing to do, NO WAY, I firmly believe exercise needs to play a key part in our success. So as I continue to develop a liking to something that I don't just totally get bored with, I'll continue to press on. I am looking forward to more spring weather and outside fun......I have the bike out and have rode several times, this I do like along with walking outside. I look forward to running around with the boys this summer, baseball is right around the corner and with family around I can envision a baseball game or two, because I can. To my family I want to thank you for listening, encouraging, being supportive and showing concern when needed; you truly are the BEST anyone can ask for. I love you. To Blane, Conner and Cutter........my life is complete because of you. Being a wife and mother is something I always wanted. Each of you have been there for me....the highs and the lows and I can never repay you.......my biggest wow moments have been from you, things you've said, things you've done.....I've cried and laughed, yall have touched my heart in so many ways.......I love you guys with all my heart and soul. To my OH friends......you guys and gals have been my cheerleaders, supporters, counselors and therapist, and my inspiration.....thanks from the bottom of my heart for being a part of my life.....I love each of you. To my God.....without You none of this would be possible.....thank you and I love you. Hugs,
LindaMcK
on 3/3/10 12:50 am - Salado, TX
Hey There!
Well, it's now been 5 years since we had our surgery - how are you doing?  I have gained about 30 pounds over the last 3 years, but am still doing great and loving every minute of every day!

LINDA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still around?
Robin D. · 2 replies · 692 views
checking in
markys mama · 2 replies · 800 views