Pregnancy after Gastric Bypass Surgery!

tamelapittman
on 10/26/08 3:56 pm
Hello! I need help.  I have questions about pregnancy after surgery.  I am  3 years post op and have done really well.  I began gaining about 5 to 7 pounds and not getting sick when I eat.  I have been exercising four days a week and thought well maybe it is muscle mass.  I wasn't feeling well in my upper body so I took a pregnancy test.  It was positive.  I went to the Dr. and she told me that my progesterone is low at about an 8 when it should be a 10.  I had increased my iron prior to finding out due to the fact I was a little low in iron.  I had been around a 9 to an 11 and I should have been a 12 or above.  Now I am worried because the doctor put me on progesterone and I am calling her tomorrow because it says not to take if pregnant.  I am waiting on her response to the second blood test she took to see if the progesterone is still low.  I am very nervous about this and it seems that everything is fine right now.  I have a little pain now and then but nothing major.  She did tell me I was about five weeks pregnant from the first test she took last Tuesday. 

Anyone had a baby after they had surgery?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still around?
Robin D. · 2 replies · 703 views
checking in
markys mama · 2 replies · 802 views