Okay so what does everyone see!!!

RieRie
on 2/16/07 8:47 am - somewhere, IL
I am really getting so curious as to what Do I look like? I mean I have onlly lost 100 pds and I know I am not a hottie at my age by no means and it seems as if everytime I take a picture I dont look as good as I think I do. Does that make since. I mean I think sometimes I have to be looking good and then when I look at a new pic I dont think I look as good as I feel I should. I dont mean just with the weight loss, my hair is always a mess, and clothes dont look good. Which I know will change when I allow myself to buy some new clothes at goal. But that is okay, I am happy with me. I just am having such a hard time figuring this out. I mean when I look at other Before and after pics I think wow!!! But when I look at me. I dont see the Wow!! I guess if I could get my before and current pic side by side it would help but I am not that good with photo software. Anyway the other thing is that I have noticed men looking at me, I mean you ladies know that look. And even caught my husband checking me out the other day which is something I have never noticed. And I wa**** on by a man. (other than my husband) which I politely declined. But it still has me wondering!!! I put a new pic on my profile so everyone can look. I hope this is not too confusing to everyone. Am I the only one going through the mind thing. I dont know what you call it.
Terri R. R
on 2/16/07 9:15 am - 'bout 45 minutes from San Francisco, CA
I think you look great! I would check you out if I was a guy. I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I still see the old me most of the time when I look in the mirror. People in my support group that are pre-op or newly post op just don't understand when I tell them that I still look fat to me. When I see a picture of myself or look in the mirror, my eyes are drawn to my fat tummy. People go ... what the heck are you talking about? You don't have a fat tummy. And, I don't have one ... unless you see me naked. My mind still thinks about how I look naked and I think I'm fat. My daughter keeps telling me "Mom, you ain't no where near fat any more". It wasn't until I posted the newest monthly pictures of myself that I actually noticed that I'm thin. OMG! I'm actually thin for the first time in my adult life. And, would you believe it ... I HAVE A NECK!!!! The good news I've heard from support group is that eventually our minds do catch up with our bodies. I've heard your brain starts realizing after a year and will catch up completely by 2 years. Let's hope that's correct.
Gi G.
on 2/16/07 11:30 pm
I think you look beautifully happy and definitely a lot thinner than the before pic in the hospital gown. xosm
Elisa *
on 2/17/07 6:25 am - I.V., CA
Rie, I see a very pretty & thin lady! You look terrific. I can definitely see a difference but I know what you mean too. I take pictures thinking I'm gonna look good and when I see them I think I look terrible. I think it's US though. Our eyes just go directly to the flaws and forget to look at the whole picture instead. I also agree with my surgery twin Terri. I still feel fat because I know underneath my clothes is my ugly belly that hangs and looks pretty much fat. When I wear clothes, of course, it's not so noticeable but I do have a little bulge. I hate that little bulge. LOL! It's crazy this mind thing. I want to feel & think I'm thin already! It's sooo weird... Anyway, you look great. Elisa
Kayla
on 2/18/07 1:33 am - Skinny Land, CA
You are a total cutie and wayyyyyy thinner...................
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1685 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 661 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views