1 Year Post op

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/17/07 12:30 am
I've been pretty vocal about my year journey so I won't go into too much detail in this post, but needless to day a year ago today I walked into the OR and had the DS. Starting weight: 492 Surgery weight: 472 Current Weight: 234 Loss for month 12: 10 lbs Loss Since surgery: 238 Total Loss: 258 Now the excess weight loss percent depends on my goal of the week. My ultimate dream goal was 175, at this time I'm wondering if that will be too thin...but assuming for now that is my goal.....I've lost 80.1% of my excess weight since the day of surgery. In terms of clothing size, I've gone from a 6x-7x shirt to an XL, and from a size 74 (plus..you know the kind with the stretchy waist) pants to a size 42 (regular waist...i'm probably ok to go into some size 40s, but I still like to wear my cloths baggy to hide some skin issues. Biggest Changes: 1) not having to shop in the big and tall store anymore 2) Not having to worry if I will fit into a seat in a public place...or worse break a seat 2b) just thought of this one ....being able to walk more then 10 feet without being out of breath 2c) related to b....no more sleep apnea 3) More self confidence, and desire to take care of myself 4) i finally feel in control of my weight issues for the first time in my life. Thank you to everyone on this forum, who has offerred words of encouragement along the way. Scott
Tony Hackworth
on 2/17/07 1:41 am - Prestonsburg, KY
Congrats Scott, You've done an awesome job my friend. Those Changes you listed...I couldn't have said any better, Life is great isn't it. Take care man, Your a good Inspiration.
Terri R. R
on 2/17/07 4:12 am - 'bout 45 minutes from San Francisco, CA
You have done wonderfully! We're all proud of your success. Keep it up!!!!
RieRie
on 2/18/07 9:16 am - somewhere, IL
congratulations and Happy Surgiversary, You have done a amazing job.
Deanna F.
on 2/20/07 7:08 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
Congratulations on your anniversary... you have come so far and done a fantastic job!!! Keep up the good work! Hugs, Deanna
Chaplain
on 2/24/07 12:58 pm - Panama City, FL
Looking good Scottie! You've done a great job!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1682 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 659 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 757 views