Chest Pain anyone?

Penny P.
on 3/20/07 9:04 am - Muskegon, MI
I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has had this same problem, and has found out what caused it. I've been waking up in the wee hours of the morning with severe pain in chest. It seams as if it's my chest or heart area ... right behind my sternum. The first time it happened "about a month ago" I thought I was having a heart attack, and woke my room mate up so that I wouldn't die alone..... after about an hour it went away and I was able to go back to sleep. Nothing I did that first time, would bring me any relief. It happened again about a week later, but only lasted about half an hour...... and is happening about every 3 days now with different degrees of pain and length..... everyone keeps telling me it's just gas pain. I have been watching what I eat and can't link any foods to the problem. I don't want to make an appointment to see a doctor if it's just gas. I have finally figured out a way to make it not last very long..... I can sit up in bed, and raise my arms up over my head and just wait..... and it's usually gone in about 5 minutes now. Can anyone tell me what foods might be causing it, and why it only happens between the hours of 2 am and 7 am? Oh, I had my gall bladder out a few years ago.... this was the same kind of pain. Thanks Penny Surgery 2-27-2006 from 256 to 144lbs.
Gi G.
on 3/20/07 10:17 am
Reflux? Sounds exactly like when I had it, I dunno, I wouldn't mess with it, though, I'd call the doc. Even though you had your gallbladder out it *could* be a blocked bile duct. Maybe it's something going on that's exacerbated by lying down? Does it happen during those hours if you are up and about? Good luck and Feel better! xosm
jttaurus
on 3/21/07 11:27 am - Charlotte, NC
Sounds like gallbladder which is very common after RNY. I was lucky enough to have had my gallbladder out before I had RNY. It's worth a trip to the dr's office, because gallstones can mimic heart attack pain. Jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1684 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 660 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views