:wave: Hey guys! T...

Elisa *
on 4/5/07 10:04 am - I.V., CA
Hey guys! The board sure has been quiet lately. I hope someone reads this... I just want to say that I have been feeling bad lately. I feel like I've lost all control. I've gone back to eating bad. I don't dump so basically nothing (other than I can't eat much of it) keeps me from eating those horrible foods. Sure it's small portions but why am I choosing to eat those things instead of healthier foods with protein? I just feel like . I know my problem but how do I fix it? How do I get back on track? I seem to be at a point where I feel I've lost enough and have subconsciously given myself "permission" to just eat what I like. But I haven't lost enough . I'm not a size 10 or 12. I'm still overweight. I went up like 6 pounds. Geez...this isn't easy as it was before. Elisa
sherleb
on 4/6/07 2:06 am - Hamilton, NJ
You have done a great job. Dont be so hard on yourself. As my daughter would tell me " Get your head back in the game" You can do it. Keep up the good work. You are only human we all slip sometime. Keep up the good work Sherri
Elisa *
on 4/6/07 5:34 am - I.V., CA
Thank you so much Sherri...your words are very encouraging. I like what your daughter told you...I'm going to remember that, it's a great motto. Elisa
Terri R. R
on 4/6/07 2:25 am - 'bout 45 minutes from San Francisco, CA
The 6 lbs is probably water weight. You'd have to eat 21,000 extra calories to gain 6 lbs of fat. I too find myself eating things I probably shouldn't. Here are two tips that have really helped me out. DON'T BUY THE JUNK! If it ain't in the house, you won't eat it. I know, easier said than done. Normal people eat like that. I want to be normal! With that in mind, here comes tip number 2. Make healthier choices of the bad stuff. Example, buy the 100 calorie packs of stuff. That enforces portion control. My downfall is ice cream. So, I buy the no sugar added stuff. When I want some, I get my bowl and kitchen scale. I measure out exactly one serving. A single serving of no sugar added ice cream is about 100 calories. I don't eat this stuff every day. I don't feel the need to. There's something about having it in the house and knowing that I can have it guilt free (as long as I stick to portion control) that makes me not want it as much. I believe our key to long term success with come from two things .... exercise and portion control. If you don't want to exercise, you will need to be more diligent with portion control. Personally, I'm an exercise fiend! I eat about 2400 calories a day to maintain.
Elisa *
on 4/6/07 5:38 am - I.V., CA
Hey twin, thanks for the support...oh and the birthday wish post. Wow, I just admire you. Yes, I'd rather do portion control because exercise is for losers ( the good kind like us). I should exercise more...I'm trying. I have been keeping up with the lightweights...I think my arms look a little better and I have been getting out more...walking a little more than the previous day. Thanks a bunch for the advice. I'm going to keep them in mind when I go grocery shopping. Elisa
terrilee819
on 4/9/07 2:42 am - Kingston, NY
It sounds so terrible to say that I am happy that you are having a rough time but I am glad that I am not the only one ! Life has been crazy lately and I am going back to old bad habits and I hate it ! I have just honestly gotten back into being good about not eating and drinking at the same time. Things had been so bad that I was just grabbing anything and everything. I have been trying to pay attention to what is going into my mouth and have made the committment that I will make better choices. Instead of eating a huge bowl of ice cream I will eat one serving. So I just have to keep on myself. Hugs to you Elisa... Hang in there... We both know that when push comes to shove we have made it thru so much, and we will get thru this too (okokok it was really easy to type that, wishing it was that easy to make it so... ) We just gotta "get ir done!" - Terri
Kayla
on 4/11/07 6:33 am - Skinny Land, CA
Okay-wow! I just read that post and the replies...a lot of those ladies are 3 plus years out and it scares me to have these issues now. Elisa..I know how you feel girl. I can give you the standard responses *go back to basics-GAWD this one bugs me for some reason..lol *buy the books "How Much Does Your Soul Weigh, and "Life is Hard, Food is Easy." I have them both and haven't touched them. *Drink your water, eat your protein first, exercise..." *Don't graaazzzzeeee..." But I know these things and you know these things.... I'll tell you I got down to 126 on a doctors scale, and now I am about 140....it sucks, it's scary and I hate it. The "tool" works though...if I "watch it" just a little I lose FAST, I gain fast and lose fast....hmmmmmmmmmmm anyway...you are not alone in this fight Elisa...and I think just knowing that makes these struggles easier to cope with. GG said that if we don't change how we think and feel about food and eating we are just buying time....that really stuck with me. Doing it...putting it in action is the hard part...like the other BB was talking about it is such a cycle...there are just so many ways to "eat around" our surgery..like what she was talking about with the "after I eat I wait for everything to process, then eat again." I have done this before and that's a sure ticket to weigh gain. We are one year old babies with this new tummy...we are learning and will continue to learn for the rest of our time on this planet. Hopefully we can learn to make it not such a focus. We have a lifetime of bad eating habits to change...we can't expect to change it overnight. Like any addiction it is something we will always have and always struggle with. We can do this! Others just like us have done it!
Kayla
on 4/14/07 2:52 am - Skinny Land, CA
BTW-YOU talked about sizes..you LOOK like a size 8 or 10!!! You are looking sooooo frick'in cute girl. You were cute before, now you are just a hottie! I know it's how you FEEL though...hang in there.
Elisa *
on 4/26/07 3:43 am - I.V., CA
awww...I didn't get these messages. That's what I get for relying on emails. LOL I'ma go right now (meeting a friend for lunch) but when I get back I'm going to re-read and answer. Thanks Kayla your such a sweetheart. Elisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1682 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 659 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 757 views