Question for the week...

terrilee819
on 4/16/07 1:19 am - Kingston, NY
Most of us will tell you that we would do this whole process over again in a heartbeat when asked. But, what is the one thing that you have done since your surgery date that has been WLS related that you would not do again "if only you knew?" Me, I would have never tested the water with "no-no's" If I had never tasted that first piece of chocolate and not gotten sick I would have truly believed that I would turn all shades of green as I got ready to heave my stomach contents. But NOOOOOOO the first little bite didn't get me sick no less turn me any various shade of green. Hmmmm I ate a miniature and was fine... What if I eat half a candy bar ?? Nope... How about a whole candy bar... No green shades !! UUURgh !! May be it is good to know that I can have a "no-no" from time to time but maybe I shouldn't have discovered that til I got to goal... Hmmm maybe 5 years out would have been a better time... What do you wish that you hadn't done ? -Terri
jttaurus
on 4/16/07 9:48 am - Charlotte, NC
I wish I would have exercised and stuck with it. Once I was back to work and suffering in back pain I ditched everything physically realted and went to the getting through the day syndrome. I also wish I would have explored the side effects a little better too. I just cannot understand why I didn't realize how dangerous things could have been before I had complications. Oh well. I cannot change anything now.
Beam me up Scottie
on 4/16/07 1:55 pm
Hey Terri, I honestly don't think I would have done anything differently....maybe I "could" have pushed a bit harder in some of the months, or started exercising more regularly early on...but to be honest, I'm doing ok...and I've lost a lot of weight...so why look back with any regrets...it seems kind of self defeating. Scott
Terri R. R
on 4/16/07 2:53 pm - 'bout 45 minutes from San Francisco, CA
I can't think of any regrets or changes either. I've pushed the limits to see what I can eat. But, I can eat a lot more calorie wise because I exercise so much. The only thing I can really think of is that I wish someone had warned me early on about the importance of fiber. I would have saved myself a lot of heart ache and pain from constipation!
Gi G.
on 4/18/07 1:51 pm
Since it's impossible to change the past, I don't entertain regrets. "If I only knew" white carbs were so rough on my body ... would I wish I had never let one pass my lips? NO! I'm all about learning moderation, so yeah, lots of days it's TOUGH to say no to chips and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, but I'd rather learn from my expierences than waste a moment of time on regrets.
Goshdarnpeople *
on 4/19/07 4:12 am - ...did I mention it's hot here?, FL
I wish that I had done this sooner. I researched this for 5 years before I finally did it. What makes me so happy about this surgery isn't what most people think. Yeah, the weightloss is great, but for me it's been having my IBS issues erased. Now I have quality of life, and can participate. I never have got to my pie in the sky of 150, but have achieved my personal goal of both my weight and size starting with a one. I am now frolicking about in the 180's. To tell you the truth, when you hear all the "horror" stories of people gaining back all their weight, and then some, after going through this surgery, you think oh how horrible to go through all of that, for nothing, but for me the freedom from my IBS woes, alone, was worth it. ..... and I got to meet all these wonderful people.... Gosh
FitnLite
on 5/7/07 5:28 am - Spring Lake , NC
I guess I wish that I HAD pushed harder for gallbladder removal at the time of GBS. My nephew who is an RN in the OR told me to and I didn't listen. So, in Feb 07, I spent 8 days in the hospital with a gangrenous gallbladder and was so close to death, my Dr stayed at the hospital at night. Other than that, no regrets! Maybe wouldn't have kept trying to see if I could eat pork and beef. I just wouldn't believe it when it kept hurting! Oh welllllllll......fish and chicken are my friends.
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1682 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 659 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 758 views