Anyone replace eating with drinking?

EeeVee
on 4/17/07 4:04 am - paradise, CA
I'm curious as to how many people drink alcolhol more now after surgery?
EeeVee
on 4/17/07 4:09 am - paradise, CA
ooops I spelled alcohol(sp) wrong, and I'm not even drinking, I hope I spelled it right the second time
Elisa *
on 4/17/07 8:47 am - I.V., CA
I haven't but I do see how easy it could be to do it. The last time I got drunk was New Year's Eve and I had so much fun... but I don't want to be an alcoholic so I try to stay away. That's all I need to struggle with a drinking problem. Elisa
Kayla
on 4/18/07 2:27 am - Skinny Land, CA
I don't think I drink any more than pre-op-but it DOES effect me differently.
Terri R. R
on 4/18/07 10:19 am - 'bout 45 minutes from San Francisco, CA
I don't drink alcohol. I used to when I was younger. I have a lot about addiction transfer. It seems to happen quite a bit.
Gi G.
on 4/18/07 1:46 pm
I enjoy a glass of wine almost daily, from about the year mark. I don't do it as a replacement for eating, just because I like it. I actually drink LESS than before surgery because back then I drank [liquor] in excess nightly to escape the depression. I can actually say that my depression is GONE for the first time in, oh, 20 years or so. I'm not worried about the alcohol except for the fact that it has probably slowed my weight loss down a bit. And the mellow feeling I get while drinking does tend to give me the munchies. I'm very, very happy with the moderation in all things I have in my life now, so honestly, if I never lost another pound but continued to enjoy food and wine like I do now, I'm OK with that. Of course, I don't want to gain, either, so that'd probably be the first to go if I was. I'm also sure that I'm at a risk for transfer of addictions more so because I was bulimic, but that's why I started therapy before surgery and have kept up with it. There have been recent stresses in my life that sometimes make me long for the days I could binge on FOOD, it's a battle I still work on daily. I don't know if I have found the perfect healthy replacement behavior for eating, but if anything, it's drinking WATER LOL. EeeVee, are you worried about this transfer of compulsive behavior for yourself?
Goshdarnpeople *
on 4/19/07 4:28 am - ...did I mention it's hot here?, FL
I was never a big drinker in the first place, used alcohol more in cooking than to drink. Now I can barely stand the alcohol content in medicines that I take. I have to make sure to take a bunch of antacids. I work at a call center where a bunch of folks have had WLS, and there is one girl that had it that is now an alcoholic. She is skinny like Calista Flockhart (sp), now, and when I hear other people saying that they hope that they get as thin as her I just wanna smack them upside the head with a reality check! I know that this can happen to people, I'm just not going to let it happen to me. Now, if ya wanna talk about my apple chip addiction....... Gosh
Elisa *
on 4/19/07 8:14 am - I.V., CA
oooh apple chips? I've never tried them...I've seen 'em at the grocery store but they don't look too appetizing to me but hey since you're addicted maybe they are good? Elisa
Goshdarnpeople *
on 4/19/07 1:14 pm - ...did I mention it's hot here?, FL
Zero fat, 210 cals for a whole can, desintigrates to nothing, sweet & satisfying, mmmmm I had some locally I didn't like, tasted like apple plastic. The one's I'm addicted to are from QVC. Happy snacking, Gosh PS: My 8 y/o son likes them so much he does his homework in less than an hour, for his own can. He used to take hours......
Elisa *
on 4/19/07 1:27 pm - I.V., CA
...are these it? http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail man, I want some...I'ma ask my hubby if I can order right now...
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1685 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 661 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views