Anyone else having this problem or thoughts

RieRie
on 4/20/07 10:55 am - somewhere, IL
Sometimes I am scared that I am becoming anerixic. But I feel as if as long as I have weight to loss I am not hurting nothing. So would you consider walking three times a day to much exercise. I keep forgetting to put my pedometer on so that I can see exactly how much I am walking I would say around four miles today. In three different sessions and I will probable go again it is so nice out. I walk more and more ever day. I enjoy my walking. I was house bound two yrs ago with my back and really enjoy and it feels better when I walk daily. I also have trouble getting in enough calories. I am so afraid to eat that I am over doing it. I try not to eat over 1000 calories a day. some people keep telling me that isnt eough, but I can hardly make myself eat more some days and other days I want to eat everything but wont let myself moslty. I eat enough protein and drink a lot of fluids. I have tons of rules that I cannot let myself cross that line to keep myself in line and keep making more. Like I cant eat in the car. And I cant eat nothing but salads when we go out to eat or shrimp. And I cant drink green tea except in the car. And I cant eat nothing every fried. And I have to drink two glasses of tea when we go to the restaurant uptown and then wait 30 before I can eat. I have to walk at least 30 minuets a day and do my pilates before bed time. I can only eat crackers at my Nana house. I cant eat cereal at all, except oatmeal on FRidays for breakfast. I can only eat two yogurts a day. Only three bannana a week. I never eat the last bite on my plate and I always use a small saucer to eat off of. I take one bite at a time and sit my fork down. . I cannot eat after eight oclock at night. I still have 45 pds to lose to get to my surgeons goal. Am I learning new rules right or am I becoming anerexic? I worry about going from one extreme to the other and keep telling myself it is okay untill I get all the weight off then worry about it. Do you think I am becoming anerixic?
Kayla
on 4/20/07 1:47 pm - Skinny Land, CA
Gawd...you are just as sweet and cute as can be girly girl... My personal opinion..which means nothing because I am not a doctor or a therapist..these are "anorexic tendancies" anorexics are typically very rigid perfectionionst...frightened to death of food...but it is a slippery slope for us RNY'ers because, for success, we do have "rules" and "guidelines" we need to follow...soooo...the way I see it, if YOU are feeling bad, emotionally or physically, you need to seek further help. You need to give yourself a pat on the back...you've done so well. I WISH to GOD that I had your discipline girl...but I want you to be in a space where you are feeling good. My nut says 1000-1200 cals a day is average for us...I am way above that...2000 plus a day....To sum it up..I think you are doing your BEST to follow a new lifestyle. Just remember that you are in charge, and this is for the rest of your life, so give yourself rules you can live by for a lifetime of success. Love-Kayla
Terri R. R
on 4/21/07 8:52 am - 'bout 45 minutes from San Francisco, CA
I think what makes me think you have issues is the "afraid to eat" part. We will need rules if we're going to keep the weight off. We need to exercise too. The part about not eating in the car, good rule! Eating in the car is a trigger for me. And if the rules about salad and shrimp keep you from indulging and triggering bad behavior when you go out, keep to them! I eat off a tiny saucer. I measure EVERY SINGLE meal and log it into sparkpeople.com. The only cereal I allow myself is either Kaysnaturals protein cereal or the Kashi Go Lean high fiber/high protein cereal and I eat both dry. I never eat the last bite of food either. Eat more fruit! Try some grapes or some apples. 100 grams of grapes (about 3.5 oz) only has 70 calories! Fruit is your friend! Yogurt is ok if you pick one that has lower calories. The Dannon Fit & Lite only has 60 calories per container. I eat 2 every day. I say as long as your eating enough and your labs come bac****nock yourself out with the rules! I make myself exercise at least an hour 6 days a week. I was at the gym 3 hours today. I tell myself "no excuses babe!" and haul my butt to the gym. I believe you're making new habits. At least that's what I tell myself.
Beam me up Scottie
on 4/22/07 8:11 am
Anorexia isn't about eating or not eating persay, but from my understanding it's more about the obcession to be thin and the "control" over food and food issues. It's often started in people with low self image, who feel "out of control" over the rest of their life, so they control the one thing they can..which is the food that goes in their mouths. I agree with the other posters, if you feel it's an issue, then go seek counciling. If eating makes you feel "guilty" or "bad", or if you mess up a day, and feel depressed and have anxiety over it, then it's time to get counciling. To be honest, I really believe that surgeons should force post ops to go through some type of counciling as a part of the surgical process. Most SMO people have issues that have to be dealt with (just read my blog if you want an explaination of what I mean). I've considered getting counciling for myself, not because I feel guilty about food or whatever...I really do not. I love to eat, but I do feel that the fat body wasn't the issue in my life, it was just a symptom of the issues i had. Scott
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1683 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 660 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views